Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
As Senior Cloud Architect – Team Lead, we are looking for someone to work with our enterprise architect to develop a program, run as process owner, and build / configure acquire tooling to support the program. The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence and partner with engineering teams to deliver scalable robust solutions.
You will be someone who will :
- As an SME, collaborate with other architects, IT leadership, security team, and delivery teams to architect cloud hosted solutions / design patterns
- Work with Platform Engineering team to implement architectures
- Influence product and delivery requirements, roadmaps, and vision
- Manage the cloud architecture team under the Enterprise Architecture organization
- Deliver enterprise solutions / architectures with emphasis on privacy, integrity, scalability, and availability
- Produce organized and comprehensive system architectures and the related documentation
- Design and build functioning proof of concepts for proposed architectures
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 7+ years of hands-on cloud engineering experience with public clouds (AWS required)
- 3+ years of IT management experience
- Experience building and leading engineering teams
- Deployment, automation, and orchestration technologies (Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Planning / Development tools: JIRA, Confluence, Teams, GitLab, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Terraform Enterprise
- Search tools: Elasticsearch
- Relational Databases: Oracle, Postgres, AWS Aurora
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB
- ETL tools / Implementing big data technologies in AWS
- Setting technology direction for cloud solutions
Skills and Attributes needed to be successful in this position:
- Exceptional personal communication and teamwork interaction skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899