Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
We're looking for people that have been playing the role of systems architect. These individual have a passion for data, software and technology. This position is for a visionary who can help us develop business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
You will be someone who will:
- Transform architecture of existing systems at IBKR to improve their scalability, extensibility and reliability using best practices and emerging technologies.
- Improve data architecture framework, standards and principles, including modeling, metadata, security and reference data.
- Lead activities ranging from strategic planning to functional reviews, implementation and design an architectural vision for delivery. Educate the team on this vision.
- Define data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Create, maintain and communicate architectural vision, technical strategies, designs and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with various teams to compile ideas, draft business cases, identify key results and prioritize initiatives.
- Perform necessary research to ensure initiatives are technically viable.
- Guide, direct and coach engineering teams/resources to support initiatives.
- Document best practices, enterprise development patterns, technology implementation strategies and drive education and adoption through the organization.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of total IT experience.
- 8+ years of experience as an Data Modeler/Architect.
- 5+ years of Java software development experience using J2EE and Spring framework.
- 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
- Knowledge of architectural design frameworks, integration frameworks, and patterns.
- Extensive experience in Oracle handling large complicated data sets.
- Familiar with Oracle features such as partitioning, clustering.
- Familiar with performance optimizations and using Oracle traces and AWR reports to diagnose performance issues.
- Experience with data modeling technics such as UML.
- Able to understand business problems conceptually and design scalable and flexible data models and workflows.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Ability to solve problems.
- Action oriented
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899