Join INTERACTIVE BROKERS team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
The trade surveillance group is looking for a python engineer to develop highly automated and scalable processes that scan order activity and trades to detect potential market manipulation and money laundering in addition to other regulatory/criminal violations. We currently process more than 1 billion order initiation events and 3 million trades per day for over 2 million customer accounts. As a member of the group, you will implement, optimize, and scale our processes to handle new requirements as well as our anticipated large growth in customer activity.
You will be responsible for:
- Creation, optimization, and extension of trade surveillance processes
- Building infrastructure services to support our market surveillance system
- Participating in code reviews via a git/gerrit workflow
- Take ownership of internal user issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, or related area
- 1-3 years of professional experience with Linux operating systems
- 3-5 years of professional experience with Python as a primary language (non-scripting)
- Experience with pandas/numpy
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- High attention to detail
Good to Haves:
- Experience with data engineering
- Knowledge of finance
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Java or C++
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info