Join INTERACTIVE BROKERS team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
The trade surveillance group is looking for a python engineer to develop highly automated and scalable processes that scan order activity and trades to detect potential market manipulation and money laundering in addition to other regulatory/criminal violations. We currently process more than 1 billion order events and 3 million trades per day for over 2 million customer accounts. As a member of the group, you will implement, optimize, and scale our processes to handle new requirements as well as our anticipated large growth in customer activity.
You will be responsible for:
- Creation, optimization, and extension of trade surveillance processes
- Building infrastructure services to support our market surveillance system
- Participating in code reviews via a git/gerrit workflow
- Take ownership of internal user issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, or related area
- 1-3 years of professional experience with Linux operating systems
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python as a primary language (non-scripting)
- Extensive experience with pandas/numpy
- Thorough understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with large python code bases
- High attention to detail
Good to Haves:
- Experience with data engineering
- Knowledge of finance
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Java or C++
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899