Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers ("IB") has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Junior Web API Developer with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements.
You will be part of:
The Web API / Client Portal team that is responsible for the Client Portal and Web API products. As part of this team, you will help us build real-time web services around the globe that power our customer’s and our own products
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Help design, develop, and maintain our Web API platform which currently provides 3rd Parties, clients and IB’s customer facing applications access to highly critical real-time services required for day-to-day operations.
- Work with business and internal teams adding new features and interfaces as required.
- Write documentation, unit, and regression tests for new interfaces.
- Write backend services and/or clients that will help expose internal services.
- Provide 3rd Level support.
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, or a related degree.
- 1+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience with real-time and large-scale systems.
- An inquisitive nature that understands the root of the problem, can maintain composure in high-stress situations with an ability to communicate with clarity, and work independently as well as within the team to provide solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with TCP/IP and handling of different binary and ASCII based protocols. FIX a plus.
- Previous experience designing, coding an API (REST/FIX) infrastructures a plus.
- Experience with Vert.x, Wildfly, Kafka a plus.
- Experience with financial markets a plus.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL a plus.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant.
- Retirement plan (401k) with company match.
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy.
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack.
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy.
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info