Job Description and Responsibilities:
Interactive Brokers is expanding client service operations in Chicago, IL with Tax Reporting and Individual Retirement Account (IRA) operations. Tax Reporting and IRA Services is a cross-divisional team that supports Retail and Institutional clients with first and second-level support on basic and moderately complex issues. Specialists provide competency on tax, IRA and other retirement plan product and service questions. The candidate will possess knowledge to successfully troubleshoot, research, and move customer queries related to cost basis, status change, withholding, compliance, US indicia and reporting. The Client Service Specialist works closely with the Tax Department and other stakeholders to ensure the accuracy and integrity of tax reporting and IRA maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have a background in financial markets, have experience in stocks and options. Full understanding of futures, and foreign exchange spot markets.
Provide ongoing support to external and internal clients, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing and addressing client issues/inquiries via inbound calls, electronic message, mail, and on-line chat.
- Perform tax and IRA related account maintenance transactions, including IRA transfers, IRA distributions, cost basis updates, and dividend tax classifications.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments impacting IRA accounts, and staying abreast of IRS regulations.
- Responsible for troubleshooting escalated customer reported issues. Assists with root cause analysis and resolution as appropriate.
- Escalation of system, partner and customer issues clearly and timely.
- Facilitate resolution of customers’ issues by logging and verifying bugs/enhancements, updating customer on problem resolution status, working with development, and assisting in testing fixes.
- Responsibility for providing regular communication to the stakeholders on the status of customer related issues and/or projects using issue management system.
- Provide information to other support representatives to assist with problem resolutions.
- Assist with the continuing development and documentation of internal processes/procedures and creation of content for the Knowledge Database.
- Knowledge of securities regulations impact on customers.
- Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned.
Areas of concentration include the following:
- Cost basis reporting
- W-9, IRS TIN verification, and backup withholding issues
- W-8 recertification for non-US taxpayers
- Year-end tax reports and forms, including the IRS 1256 Worksheet
- IRA contribution and distribution guidance, including required minimum distributions and death distributions
- IRA beneficiary options
- Dividend classifications and treaty rates
- Wash sale calculations
- FATCA Compliance
- Experience: 2 years in trading or brokerage services, but will consider recent college graduates with solid academic & relative backgrounds.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required
- Computer: PC proficiency, Microsoft 365, Comprehensive MS Excel
- Good quantitative/analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills required
- Knowledge of retirement accounts and tax considerations a plus.
- Strong research, interpersonal and writing skills are required
*We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899