Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Java Developer with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements
You will be part of:
Brokerage platform development team, this team is responsible for front-end applications and services supporting IB’s rapidly growing customer base
You will be responsible to:
- Design and develop brokerage front-end applications.
- Be an independent but also be a collaborative member of the team.
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Write and maintain design and engineering documentation.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- 1+ years of Java experience.
- Good knowledge of Java 1.8, Concurrency, Object-Oriented concepts, n-tier applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus otherwise you have a desire to learn about and understand financial instruments and concepts.
What we’d also love to see:
- Prior experience in finance.
- A desire to solve complex problems.
- An innovative, detail-oriented mindset with a drive to improve upon existing systems.
- Passionate about writing clean, well-tested, and maintainable code.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info