Job Description & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of AML professionals responsible for conducting Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”) reviews on existing IBCE customers on a time cycle that is reflective of the customers risk rating.
- Manage response to questions, issues and escalations on all aspects of the KYC/EDD programme.
- Maintain, update and continue to enhance the firm’s KYC and EDD procedures to ensure they remain compliant with local regulatory expectations and requirements as well as the firm’s AML policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and communicate with teams within IBCE or external auditors, regulatory and government bodies regarding the KYC/EDD programme when required.
- Oversee the PEP risk management processes and the evaluation and disposition of negative news and potential Sanctions escalations from New Accounts Teams, Client Services or other IB Group entities, and conduct additional due diligence on a risk-based approach.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of suspicious activity reports resulting from analysis to the AML Investigations/SARs and Regulatory Reporting team.
- Liaise with the business on new initiatives, products and services as well as other matters as it relates to the risk assessment process, ensuring staff understand their accountability for compliance with all AML policies and procedures.
- Advise New Accounts and the Client Acceptance Committee on findings from EDD reviews, as appropriate
- Develop ongoing communication with individuals who perform a similar role in other jurisdictions to leverage ‘best practice.’
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual updates for inclusion in appropriate management reports.
- Conduct AML Training for existing employees and new hires, alongside other AML Team Leaders.
- Ensure governance timetable routines and deadlines are met.
- Track and ensure that all AML issues identified as part of regulatory audits or exams, internal/external audits or self-identified issues are remediated in a timely manner and
- Manage the personal development and assessment of the EDD team.
Qualification & Skills
- At least 5+ years’ experience in AML compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with a European customer base, or an EU regulator.
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, business, finance, or accounting preferred or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar ICA Diploma.
- Good knowledge of Hungarian regulations and European Directives in connection with KYC/EDD/CIP requirements.
- Strong analytical skills, able to manipulate data, produce MI, and prepare reports. Business Process Management or similar certifications are beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop compliance solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgement.
- Experience of supervising and managing a team, or demonstrable ability to step up into a leadership role.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info