About the team:
Capco’s Data Team helps our clients transform every aspect of their business. We are highly skilled at formulating data strategy, defining business and technology initiatives across the data management lifecycle, and aligning multi-year strategic roadmaps with client’s business goals. As digital technologies advance and regulations tighten, today’s consumers – and, therefore, today’s businesses – are becoming more aware of the importance of good quality data. We work to establish holistic ways to effectively manage data through the modern data supply chain and facilitate consumption through analytics, modelling, AI, machine learning, dashboarding, and reporting.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- The practice leader will involve shaping and executing the hiring strategy, developing the best of in-house talent, leading talent, and collaboration with the others in the data & analytics practice to bring cutting edge solutions to the market.
- Graph and Semantic Engineering are emerging enterprise data technologies that leverage ontologies and related advanced analytics – including artificial intelligence – to build and represent knowledge in expressive and novel ways
- Primary responsibility in this role is to help clients succeed by understanding, exploiting, designing, and implementing solutions involving graph and semantic technologies – including advanced data management and analytics, and other innovative new ways
- In the fast-changing landscape of potential partners in graph technology, an ongoing curiosity and developing connections with key partners, will enable valuable support for clients
What You’ll Bring with You:
- Graph and Semantic Data Consultants will require multi-disciplinary capabilities required to explain, design and create powerful knowledge graph models – a good balance of business and technical understanding
- Sound understanding of Knowledge Representation and Semantic Technologies (OWL, RDF, SWRL, SPARQL, JSON-LD) including semantic modelling and data integration, data unification, knowledge graph design, ontology and taxonomy
- Awareness of the breadth of use cases for these technologies, prudent user interface design which exploit the power of graph and mitigates the challenges of visualizing graph data
- Experience with Graph/Triple Stores and related technologies, e.g. PoolParty, Stardog, TigerGraph, Ontotext GraphDB, Grakn, MarkLogic, Metaphactory, Neo4j
- Understanding of data/information architecture and modeling languages such as UML, ER, IDEF, Data Flow Diagram
- Excellent Communication skills – be an effective, passionate, trusted advocate and communicator for Graph and Semantic Technologies
Other desired skills:
- Good awareness of financial services domain is a great advantage
- Ability to utilize NLP, machine learning and semantic text mining to translate data into machine understandable representations to support advanced analytics, classification, inference processing and knowledge extraction
- Familiarity with mapping techniques, e.g. R2RML, for transforming relational/tabular datasets into triples
- Agile software development frameworks, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming
- Understanding of data management and governance toolsets and methodologies
- Experience in applying semantic technologies in an industry setting, or practical experience as part of an academic, Library Science or Information/Knowledge Management career
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.