DLT Solutions Architect - Technology
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco are looking for a Distributed Ledger (DLT) Solution Architect to help our clients solve a range of complex problems. We help clients design exceptional customer experiences and products, we also help them look hard at getting the best out of new technology and integrating it into their existing organisations.
Our solution architects are pivotal team members, helping turn great ideas into actionable solutions using a range of business and technology capabilities.
We look for curiosity and intellectual rigour, the ability to think through complex, multi-layered problems in a structured manner.
While experience in similar roles (in Financial Services and beyond) is a plus; the ability to clearly articulate DLT solutions in terms of operating models, processes, systems, interfaces, data and infrastructure is what we are really looking for.
This is a role for you if you are looking for an outcome-oriented role, as part of a creative and dynamic team helping financial services clients make sense of the choices they face in the digital business environment.
Here’s what we expect
It is crucial that you share our appetite for new and emerging technologies and the ability to help our clients realise the opportunity that their adoption represents in dealing with today’s business challenges. From day one, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients a daring advantage.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills, and an ability to present complex ideas in simple ways
- Confidence in your ideas, but modesty about how you conduct yourself
- A problem-solving attitude, being innovative and having a flexible working style
- Experience working well with a team, but confidence to take the initiative when necessary
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Customer centricity – the ability to empathise with customers and an affinity to create solutions designed to deliver a great customer experience
- Solution Architecture and design – experience in creating solutions comprised of a range of ingredients including target operating model, business process, application, infrastructure, data and integration perspectives
- Solution Estimation and Planning
- Architecture Governance (ideally in an Agile context)
- Knowledge of emergent technologies (e.g. any of the following are currently popular in our industry: artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotic process automation, cloud, Microservices, Event Streaming)
- Experience in Custody & Fund services operations workflows, settlement procedures, and systems
- Extensive knowledge of post trade services gained ideally at Custodian or an Asset Manager
- Ability to gather system requirements and identification of process gaps, documentation, coordinate system and process testing until implementation with respective stakeholders
- Commercially aware (SOWs etc.), technology due diligence, tech evaluations, assessment of vendor-offered services, tools and platforms
- Developing business cases, participating in industry associations and standard setting bodies, and driving internal education through events, strategy sessions, showcases, blogs etc
- Recruit, develop and manage strategic partner alliances/partnerships and opportunity pipelines
- Evaluates Industry trends and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- Provide financial analyses, forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships.
- Experience in banking or finance, target operating model design, process design or optimisation, or other similar business re-architecting projects
- Familiarity with cybersecurity, security architecture or closely related topics like identity and access management, or offensive security engineering
- Coding experience, for instance in model building, prototyping or app development
- Any experience in distributed system design
- Exposure to working in agile and/or the product delivery lifecycle, with product, engineering or software delivery professionals
- Product Implementation Experience (Preferably in Financial Services: Capital Markets, Wealth Management or Banking & Payments; or in industries with similar legacy and innovation challenges e.g. Telecoms)
- Leadership of junior architects designing individual components of a solution
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
Because you are curious, because you want to know what is going on inside engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world and because you want to work on projects that transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture