Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We think about PMO a little differently, and if you do too then we want to hear from you. Our next generation PMO teams think and act strategically, using data-driven insights to provide the backbone for large programmes and portfolios of work. We use design thinking to develop meaningful reports, rapid prototyping and agile development to automate the heavy lifting of the day-to-day running of a PMO, and collaborate with our offshore PMO support teams to streamline administrative tasks, ensuring we can maintain focus on guiding delivery. You will learn to use our bespoke suite of programme/portfolio visualisation tools and utilise our partnerships with local Fintech startups to supercharge our clients’ PMO activities.
Sure, you’ll still need to have a good grasp of the basics of PMO, including reporting, RAID management, resource tracking, financial management, policies and methodologies, and an understanding of how to optimise processes to improve operational efficiency. Unsurprisingly, excellent stakeholder management skills are essential. Your roles will have a global focus and will require collaboration with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, IT and other functions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From the very first day, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage. You will initially support the planning of a large Change portfolio covering a multitude of initiatives (such as Ops Resilience, TOM, Data & Digital, Tech Debt). This role will coordinate the plans from respective areas and create an over-arching plan that can track and report on progress and dependencies between the programmes, highlighting any risks to plan to senior stakeholders.
- Establish the portfolio plan and ensure ongoing plan quality
- Put in place the appropriate mechanism for tracking against portfolio plan
- Planning capabilities
- PMO -governance and control
- Reporting and documentation – RAIDS etc
- Strong stakeholder management at senior level
- Consolidation of waterfall and agile elements in plan
- Interrogation of plan elements to identify risks
- Professional Planner required to develop and maintain plans
- QA existing PM’s plans and help bring up to planning standards
- Needs to have experience of planning complex programmes and building relationships with Business SME’s as well as Technology leads
- Experience in managing dependencies across multiple workstreams
- Needs to have extensive Planning knowledge in order to mentor and train PM’s – this is a hands on planning role not just producing MI
- Must be able to challenge reporting with CPA
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture