Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more).
About the role –
As an Interactive Brokers software engineer, you will design, code, test, and maintain software solutions with complete ownership. If you have experience working with in iOS environment with working knowledge of both Objective-C and Swift. You will help make our mobile trading applications even better.
If you are proficient in developing mobile applications and user interfaces with the iOS SDK, have good object-oriented programming experience, love the idea of developing award-winning solutions, and enjoy working with a team, then Interactive Brokers may be just the place for you. This job is focused towards designing, building, and optimizing trading applications.
As a mobile application developer, you’ll join a growing team of highly talented and motivated engineers who are passionate about their work.
- Research, implement, provide, and feedback to technology solutions that extend and improve IB's customer facing applications.
- Create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in close collaboration with engineering team based in other IB Offices.
- Collaborate on user interface issues involving access to large amounts of professional data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way including assisting backend developers when the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in developing mobile application with Swift or Objective-C as primary language and be proficient in either.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team.
- Working experience with Git, REST APIs, Debugging and Testing tools.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Ability to perform under pressure in time-critical situations using sound judgment and professionalism and switch tasks as needed.
- Desire to be very close to technology and are motivated by a technology centric career.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899