About the Position:
Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Ltd. (“IBUK”) is an online broker offering trading access for experienced traders to products traded on many markets and exchanges throughout the world. IBUK is part of a global group of financial services companies based in the U.S. with over $5 billion in capital and publicly traded under the symbol “IBKR.”
IBUK is seeking a Senior AML Associate to join our rapidly growing company. The key objective of the Senior AML Associate role is to ensure that IBUK is in compliance with the AML rules and regulations, that company policies and procedures are being followed and that appropriate controls are being applied in a timely manner.
The successful candidate’s main responsibility will be to assist the MLRO and DMLRO with the planning and execution of the AML Programme, with a focus on establishing and maintaining Policies, Procedures, methodologies, and processes in support of the firm’s Financial Crime oversight. The Senior AML Associate will apply their knowledge in regulatory requirements, industry standards and relevant risk trends to the firm’s Financial Crime Risk Assessment, and Monitoring Programmes. As a Subject Matter Expert, the candidate will be called to provide Compliance input to new products and business assessment, and tasked with the proactive identification of risks and the design of new or updated systems and controls. The role will answer to the IBUK Head of Financial Crime and is based in our London office.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced AML professional to join a dynamic and expanding Compliance department, at a Group which has invested significant resources in its AML programme over the past few years. The successful candidate will join IBKR at a time when the Group is supporting the development of synergies and coordination across its new European operating entities. IBKR is a stimulating environment characterised by a wide and varied global client base - from individuals to complex institutions - and a broad product offering.
- Proactively risk assess IBKR’s business model, products and client base to identify, research and address risk factors, initiating and coordinating projects for the implementation or update of relevant controls;
- Research specific subjects for the identification of new threats, trends and evolutions of financial crime in the industry, to evaluate possible exposures for IBKR and relevant action plan;
- Contribute to the AML and Sanctions risk assessment workflow, supporting the Risk Assessment and Compliance Testing and Monitoring Plan programmes by providing input to the weighting of risks, first line controls, as well as to contributing to the design and update of second line controls;
- Document projects in the AML space, detailing background, objectives, assumptions and decisions, and actual implementation, to ensure IBKR maintains a detailed audit trail of all its relevant projects;
- Cooperate to the regulatory change review, impact analysis, planning and implementation steps, by providing input on interpretation, researching regulatory guidance and market practice to identify the ideal action plan for IBKR;
- Maintain and enhance AML risk management policies and methodologies in line with regulatory expectations;
- Design queries and analyse large data sets to measure risk factors and controls, escalating negative trends and emerging risks to the Head of Financial Crime in a timely manner.
- As part of the firm’s AML Risk Assessment Programme, regularly assess and maintain a record of all AML controls and factor these into the firm’s AML risk assessment framework.
- Liaise with the business on new initiatives, products and services as well as other matters as it relates to the risk assessment process, ensuring staff understand their accountability for compliance with all AML policies and procedures.
- Develop ongoing communication with individuals who perform a similar role in other jurisdictions to leverage ‘best practices.’
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual updates for inclusion in appropriate management reports.
- Conduct AML training for existing employees and new hires, alongside other AML Team Leaders.
- Ensure governance routines and deadlines are met.
- Track and ensure that all AML issues identified as part of regulatory audits or exams, internal/external audits or self-identified issues are remediated in a timely manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree in law is preferred, or demonstrable ability to interpret and apply complex regulations;
- Good knowledge of open source intelligence gathering, payment systems, and money laundering red flags, particularly in brokerage, capital markets, or banking;
- Good knowledge of POCA, JMLSG, EU Money Laundering Directives, Sanctions regulations, and the key FCA principles for businesses;
- Strong analytical skills, able to manipulate data, produce MI, and write reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Practical experience of applying a risk-based approach to initial and periodic due diligence;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Must have ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced medium-size office environment.
Competitive salary as well as health and retirement benefits.
Under Other Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates are on a probationary period of three (3) months.
- Candidates must have a UK or EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in the United Kingdom
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info