Job Description & Responsibilities
The New Account Specialist/Approver will assist potential and existing clients with the application process, answer general questions about services Interactive Brokers offers, process documentation and registration information, and provide final approval on selected accounts.
As member of the New Accounts team, you will be responsible for:
- processing institutional and retail client applications on a daily basis
- reviewing documentation related to new account openings in accordance to Luxembourg [CSSF] and European regulations
- corresponding with clients, sales representatives and customer service representatives
- collaborating with other cross functional teams to assist with account maintenance
- assisting with account approvals as well as directly approve new accounts
- cross referencing multiple databases, ensure that regulatory aspects of AML and KYC are completed prior to account opening
- following internal policy and procedures when dealing with various account-related tasks
- Work day to day with our New Accounts Teams to escalate and resolve application issues, and clarify customer account information.
- Remain current on relevant industry regulations.
- Obtain and maintain a general working knowledge of the firm’s various account types, including accounts held by individual retail customers, trusts, organizations, hedge funds, advisors, brokers and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a major or concentration on Finance, Economics, Accounting or Internet Systems, etc.
- Personality: Self-confident, able to work independently and multitask.
- Languages: Fluent in English and either French or German. Additional Languages a plus.
- Basic PC knowledge, Internet navigation.
- Has a positive attitude and helpful demeanor when speaking to applicants and clients.
- 2-4 years’ experience with a relevant financial firm, financial regulatory body, or Securities Exchange
- Ability to work in a small-team environment, to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you are motivated, have strong initiative, are analytical and methodical, we can offer you a position that will both challenge and reward you. You will be part of an exciting team that is helping to shape one of the world’s strongest brokerage brands.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info