Gotion Inc. is looking for an Engineering Manager at our Shanghai location. Gotion Shanghai team is a core part of the Silicon Valley team with key functions such as project management, Software and hardware development, validation and industrialization. Both teams work very closely to develop the best battery electronics solutions with highest quality for our global OEM partners.
Please note this position is located in Shanghai, China.
- Design and develop next-gen battery electronics and systems
- Lead the architecture definition considering optimal functionality, customer requirements, cost and scalability
- Support staffing up the Shanghai location to build up a strong, self sufficient application teams
- Support transfer of knowledge and tools to the engineering teams in Shanghai and Fremont, CA
- Support sales and business development to advertise our platform with new customers and to acquire further projects
- Drive quality in the process through requirements definition from customer / system / disciplines
- Benchmark competition and continue to evaluate new HW and SW solutions
- Support integration of system, hardware and software by working closely with all disciplines and teams in China
- Follow full life-cycle of product development process
- Ensure product robustness and reliability and support efforts to verify via validation and supplier quality
- MS /BS degree in a relevant technical field (e.g. EE, ME, CS)
- 5 years engineering in the automotive industry - preferably in battery and battery electronics
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Must be fluent in English and Mandarin.
- 50% travel
- Position located in Shanghai