About the team:
Capco’s Data Team helps our clients transform every aspect of their business. We are highly skilled at formulating data strategy, defining business and technology initiatives across the data management lifecycle, and aligning multi-year strategic roadmaps with client’s business goals. As digital technologies advance and regulations tighten, today’s consumers – and, therefore, today’s businesses – are becoming more aware of the importance of good quality data. We work to establish holistic ways to effectively manage data through the modern data supply chain and facilitate consumption through analytics, modelling, AI, machine learning, dashboarding, and reporting.
About the Job:
As a member of our Data Team, you will work across Capco’s different domains and solution offerings to help break down large problems, develop approaches and solutions. As a Data Platforms (Architect), you will work with the industry’s leading data platforms to create data-driven, strategic solutions which will help drive transformation for our clients.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work on hard problems with smart people
- Be highly motivated, result-oriented, and take pride in being a problem solver
- Work with new technology, focus on using the right tool for the job, rather than any sticky preference for a tool or technology
- Learn and share knowledge across our engineering teams, so we can continue to iterate and improve
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant data platform solutions
- Collaborate and work on integration of data storage solutions
- Focus on performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 5+ years demonstrated experience helping organizations design or implement effective Data Management and/or Analytics programs in the cloud or on premises
- Success working in one of several Data Engineering/Management technology areas, including but not limited to:
- Experience in design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations on a data platform
- Design and develop both physical and logical data models along with define metadata standards for the DW
- Develop ETL Data Pipeline and Data Model solutions for integrating new data sets into a data platform from different sources.
- Perform data mapping activities between source systems and DW
- Strong experience with ELT concepts & tools such as Talend, Informatica, Matillion
- Sound experience in Python scripting to read & load data from
- Hands-on experience in Cloud technologies such as
- AWS - S3, Glacier, EC2, Lambda, SQS, Redshift
- Azure - Blob Storage, Cool Blob Storage, Virtual Machine, Functions, SQL Datawarehouse
- Experience working with Big Data platforms and tools such as (Hive, Cloudera, HD Insight, SAP HANA etc.)
- Experience working directly with business users and solving business questions with data
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and advantages & disadvantages of different types of systems (OLAP, OLTP, etc.).
- Strong experience with Data warehousing methodologies and modelling techniques
- Sound experience in working with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Analytical Datastores such as Netezza, Teradata
- Experience in handling semi-structured data (JSON, XML) using the VARIANT attribute in a data platform
- Experience in working with Batch and Stream data integrations
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.