Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deeply knowledgeable in financial services offering, including, e.g., Finance, Risk, Compliance, Regulatory Change, Financial Crime, Core Banking, etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We are looking to recruit Principal Consultants and Managing Principals who can make a significant contribution to the Risk Practice through sector expertise, client engagement and supporting delivery of new business opportunities.
- Help grow the Risk Practice, taking responsibility for revenue targets, expanding the pipeline of opportunities and developing and converting value propositions.
- Deliver client engagements for our Financial Services clients providing solutions to improve risk management practices whilst successfully leading Capco and client teams.
- Perform as a Risk SME in one or more Financial or Non-Financial Risk Type (e.g. Operational Risk, ESG Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, etc…) to provide advice on Risk Management best practice.
- Develop Capco colleagues through mentoring, training and coaching
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
- Key areas of risk expertise include: Credit Risk, Model risk, Market and Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk and Operational Resilience, ESG Risk, as well as Behavioural Risk and technology platforming relevant to those risk areas.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
MUST HAVE: The ideal candidate must be able to perform the following activities leveraging their risk management skills and expertise:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Risk Area having held a senior position reporting directly or working with the CRO/CEO/Board in a ‘Head of Risk Area’ or CRO capacity shaping and delivering significant risk-related programmes.
- In-depth knowledge of industry-based models, frameworks, regulations, drivers and methodologies for one or more Risk Types and experience being accountable for their efficiency and advising on their strategic improvements.
- Experience having direct contact with the Regulator or Board to shape the firm’s risk appetite and address regulatory recommendations for a Risk Area and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities.
- Strong bid (RFP) management capability showcasing existing propositions, improvements, and development of new ones, with a proven ability to mentor and train Consultants
- Proven ability for People Management, including mentoring, coaching, and building a team of consultants with the right mix of grades, competencies and experience to support client opportunities and projected growth.
- Demonstrable expertise in building and leveraging relationships to support growth.
GOOD TO HAVE: The following risk management skills and expertise are good to have:
- Relevant qualifications in one or more Risk Areas, e.g. Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational, ESG Risk
- Experience working with regulators
- Experience working in Management Consulting for Financial Services (ideally in Risk Management)
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest financial services firms in the world, on projects addressing our clients’ biggest challenges.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement