Data Management Technologies Consulting Lead (PC – MP)
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Expertise in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offerings, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- A commitment to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- A focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Capco’s global Data Practice team of 800+ data practitioners enables financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, management, storage, and use of data to derive value for themselves and their customers.
Our team collaborates with clients to formulate focused, actionable, and effective data strategies that deliver business outcomes in a sustainable fashion. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Drawing on our deep domain and business expertise, we architect and engineer modern data platforms and curated data products, with a focus on automation and data management by design. We partner with business, operations, and technology teams to embed and sustain these capabilities in business-as-usual and are leading the design and implementation of next generation data platforms across the industry.
Our clients and peers voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in 2021, and value our ability to identify and develop top data talent.
You’ll be joining Capco’s Data Strategy & Advisory team as the Data Management Technologies Consulting Lead. You will use your deep expertise in data management tooling to enable advisory and solution architecture for Capco’s clients using best-in-class data management tooling. You will drive the development of mutually beneficial tooling vendor partnerships, and direct the development, maintenance, and adoption of the data tooling training curriculum for Capco consultants.
Your primary responsibilities will be to head the data management tooling advisory for Capco clients and direct the uplift of Capco’s data tooling advisory and solution architecture capabilities. Our projects vary in their nature, and your responsibilities will differ based on client requirements, but could include directing and advising on:
- Tooling vendor assessments for Capco clients, leveraging your extensive knowledge of best-in-class solutions to provide objective recommendations in-line with client requirements
- Solution design for data management tooling solutions, including through detailed assessment of functional and technical designs against business requirements
- Business case and roadmap development for new data management tooling within client organisations, including through sizing and costing tooling implementation
- Deployment, implementation and rollout of new data management tooling in conjunction with client and tooling vendor resources
- The most appropriate deployment patterns, licensing models, and tooling customisation based on bespoke client needs
- The establishment of client data management tooling centres-of-excellence
As we increasingly advise our clients to adopt automated and augmented data management tooling, you will play a fundamental role in developing the Data Strategy & Advisory capability within Capco, where you will be responsible for pioneering and steering the:
- Capco data management tooling vendor partnership strategy, and establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with established and emerging tooling vendors
- Uplift of Capco data tooling vendor assessment methodologies
- Development of joint value propositions (including deployment accelerators) with tooling vendors
- Development, maintenance, and adoption of the data management tooling training curriculum for Capco consultants
- Identification and research of business development opportunities on new or existing clients and supporting the development of client proposals and bids where relating to data management tooling
Your Skills and Experience
Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for data management tooling and its ability to enhance data management capabilities. You will bring your track-record in architecting and deploying data management tooling solutions to enable clients to achieve their business outcomes.
To qualify for the role, you will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Data Management and / or Data Analytics
- Extensive knowledge of the data management tooling landscape, with an innate understanding of tooling capabilities and relative pros-and-cons in-line with common requirements
- Pre-existing relationships with a wide range of data management tooling vendors
- Extensive experience facilitating tooling vendor assessments and tooling RFPs
- Extensive experience deploying and customising data management tooling
- Deep experience designing solution architecture for data management tooling, including deployment patterns and typical customisations based on bespoke client needs
- Deep and extensive understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles, and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with extensive experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Comprehensive experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience running successful delivery in demanding project environments, with a high level of commitment and drive, including whilst under pressure and in ambiguous circumstances
Ideally, you will also bring:
- A minimum of 7 years’ consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar (Chief Data Office) change / transformation role within a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Financial Services (e.g. banking, insurance, investment management)
- Hands-on experience in data analytics implementation (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or Sense)
- A deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities and regulations (e.g. ESG, LIBOR, BCBS-239, CCAR, GDPR, Consumer Duty) facing the Financial Services industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
- Experience managing projects and teams
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement