Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
The wealth management and private banking industry is undergoing a period of modernisation and transformation. Market volatility, changing client behaviours, technology advances and margin pressures are all adding a level of unprecedented complexity for these business models. Senior executives are faced with pressures to balance business growth whilst trying to achieve high levels of profitability under a tighter regulatory regime.
Capco is a key consulting partner to the leading wealth managers and private banks, supporting the definition and execution of their strategic priorities. Our work ranges from client service proposition design, through to business model reviews, regulatory change, digital and operating model transformation and technology platform implementation. We partner with our clients to deliver sustainable and tangible commercial value through impactful business and technology change.
Our wealth management & private banking practice has grown rapidly, and we expect that growth to continue. To support this growth, we are looking for Principal Consultants to join the team.
- You will share our vision and passion to make business and operating models more resilient and efficient, with an aim to drive better wealth accumulation, investment returns and retirement outcomes
- You will have experience of defining strategy and shaping innovative business solutions or executing complex change in the wealth management and private banking industry
- You will want to challenge the status quo and explore new methods and technologies that can benefit our clients
- You must be passionate about delivering change from strategy through to solution implementation
- We need people with deep industry knowledge and experience in the following areas: digital sales & distribution, advice / financial planning including omni-channel journeys, portfolio and risk management, alternative asset classes, ESG/SRI, tokenisation and non-bankable assets, associated operations and the enabling technologies.
- You will bring knowledge of how wealth managers deliver value to end-clients, control their costs and grow their business
- You will broadly know the rules and regulations that they comply with and will possess expertise in a business process area, key systems, or the client and intermediary relationships they serve
About the Role
You will have specific responsibility, in conjunction with the Wealth and Asset Management practice SMEs, for development and delivery of multi-channel advice and investment management, portfolio management and asset class innovation propositions to both existing and new clients.
In addition, you may also be expected to work on client engagements involving;
- Advisor productivity and transformation
- Client service proposition design and implementation
- Client lifecycle management including client onboarding, CRM and client reporting
- Client and front office applications and tools
- Traditional and digital distribution
- Advisory, discretionary portfolio management and execution-only mandates
- Financial planning client journeys and tools
- Investment product propositions and research
- Private banking asset and liability products
- Operations transformation and automation
- Service provider oversight and outsourcing
- Regulatory change and execution including for example MIFID II, GDPR, Suitability and SMCR
- Core platform selection and implementation
- Business architecture design including connectivity between systems, data flows and processes
Successful candidates will bring;
- Passion to solve complex, ambiguous problems and deliver sustainable solutions
- The ability to engage, persuade and win the trust of client stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrate key behaviours and values that befit a strong team player
- Interest and aptitude in business development, including for example preparing proposals
- Willingness to lead internal Capco contribution, for example Thought Leadership, Recruitment events, and Market Research
- Qualifications that can help but are not mandatory for example PMP, Prince2, Lean Six Sigma and CFA
About Capco Wealth & Asset Management
Capco specialises in financial services consultancy. Our clients include global and regional private banks, wealth managers, life insurers, asset managers and fund administrators, from the largest global diversified groups to very small privately held boutiques. We act as key business partners to help them get through complex business and technology change.
The UK team has 75+ consultants working in this market. In London we maintain very close relationships with our colleagues in our regional ‘hub’ locations including Edinburgh, New York, Toronto, Geneva, Zurich, Hong Kong and Singapore. We work very closely with our colleagues in the insurance, retail, payments and investment banking markets.