Technology & Change
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success.
It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We are rapidly expanding our footprint in the UK and are currently seeking a Tech & Change Risk Manager. This exciting opportunity will support the Head of Business Management in providing assurance over the IT risk and control environment. This includes enabling risk management best practice and embedding this into the Technology & Change business functions: Technology, Data, Change and Governance. The successful candidate will also be responsible for performing high quality day to day process and control deliverables and importantly, is a proactive business partner in moving the firm’s capabilities forward on a strategic level.
- Prepare an assurance plan to ensure all risk requirements are outlined and completed in line with the company risk requirements whilst monitoring timely completion of controls, actions, issues from a variety of internal and external parties.
- Complete control testing in line with agreed 1st line control testing plan, reporting on issues identified and providing recommendations for improvements
- Production of management information, including action and procedure monitoring to evidence control maturity across the functions
- Provide subject matter expertise, support and guidance to the business functions, promoting best practice and a view on business change impacts
- Active engagement in implementing and embedding the Risk Management Framework, Standards and Procedures
- Support and coordinate AAF activity, acting as a central point between External Auditors and Control Owners
- Oversight of portfolio risks, risk events and risk metric reporting
- Provide support to the change portfolio to ensure all risks are clear and consistent in their tracking and escalating
- Write discussion, update and controls papers on behalf of Technology and Change for varying Risk working groups and committee
Our roles offer opportunities to work on global programmes which entail collaborating across organisations including Business Functions, Operations, Finance, Compliance, IT and other functions.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
We are looking for candidates who have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Experience completing control testing in line with agreed 1st line control testing plans, reporting on issues identified and providing recommendations for improvements
- Production of management information, including action and procedure monitoring to evidence control maturity across functions
- Ability to produce oversight of portfolio risks, risk events and risk metric reporting
- Experienced at working within a 1st, 2nd line or 3rd line IT risk and controls role.
- Asset management applications knowledge
- CISA, CRISC or CISSP certified
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to present complex information clearly and accurately
- Good analytical skills including analysing trends
- Ability to generate recommendations which improve IT processes that are acceptable to management.
- Timely, accurate and well written communications
- Extensive experience in the management of stakeholders at all levels
- Team players who support, encourage and share knowledge with colleagues
- Highly organised planning and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Previous Management Consulting experience within Financial Services, Life & Pensions and or Consultancy is considered highly desirable.
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take The Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.