Experiment Lead – Capco Innovation Lab
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
Overview of the Innovation Lab
We are looking for talented, innovative and creative people to join our Innovation Lab team. The Innovation Lab is a dedicated space for Capco to rapidly identify, explore and validate new product and service ideas with the aim of accelerating our clients’ journey from problem to solution. Our cross-functional teams do this by applying an experimental mindset of test and learn to the problems we aim to solve and ensure that we keep the end user at the heart of the solution with our human centred approach.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for empathetic people with an experimental mindset, with at least 5 years’ experience planning and executing experiments leading a cross-functional team to re-imagine experiences and innovate new products and services, ideally within Financial Services and in particular innovation hubs/labs/centres. This is an exciting opportunity for a Proposition Lead or Experiment Lead looking for a highly diverse role, running experiments at pace within the Innovation Lab at Capco where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As an Experiment Lead in the Innovation Lab, you will:
- Be an experienced all-rounder that can provide strategic direction, thought leadership and overall critical analysis for individual experiments.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand the business imperatives that are driving innovation and to define the scope and vision of the experiment.
- Ensure stakeholders understand the benefit of the experiment, the business value it delivers and take them on the journey to reaching the goals.
- Lead the planning, design and execution of the experiment whether it is across one or all of phases of the Design Thinking approach: Discovery, Define, Ideate, Prototype and Test. Experiments vary significantly by client, business domain and deliverables and offer an opportunity to work on diverse engagements to drive innovation and design excellence across the entire Financial Services Industry (Retail, Commercial, Investment, Wealth and Asset Management, Insurance and Capital Markets).
- Lead a cross-functional team of User Research, Engineering, Experience Design and domain SME to execute the experiment and ensure that goals are met.
- Influence how decisions are made and constructively challenge ways of thinking at both the team and senior stakeholder level using the collective knowledge and experience of the team.
- Collect feedback from internal and external stakeholders to improve and iterate the Innovation Lab function and identify opportunities for future lab work.
A few things that will set you apart:
- Knowledge and understanding of banks and their business drivers
- Experience with market analysis (research, segmentation, positioning and sizing)
- Experience with hypothesis testing and forming logical narratives and research plans
- Strong storytelling and communication skills
- Experience with Jobs To Be Done methodology
- A good understanding of human psychology
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as an Experiment Lead:
- How can a savings bank design and launch a mobile savings proposition to increase the size of deposits made into the lending arm of their business?
- How can a life insurance provider improve customer engagement through E2E digital servicing so that they can reduce the cost to serve and better meet customer needs?
- How can the workflow of a KYC analyst be redesigned to reduce the volume of manual and repetitive tasks to free up time to focus on complex risk cases?
- How can an Investment Bank reimagine a complex internal process to improve employee productivity and reduce human-errors?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved to increase the size of the user base and user engagement?
- How can a Retail Bank leverage conversational AI to reduce the cost and human error within operations?
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture