Associate Digital Engineer Programme - May
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are FinTech specialists in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management.
What’s this all about?
We’re looking for hardworking individuals to join our Associate Digital Engineer programme. Our aim is to train and develop you to become an expert in FinTech and financial services software development.
You will have an outstanding opportunity to work on our clients’ business and technology challenges, alongside project teams of experienced engineers and colleagues from a wide variety of other backgrounds.
At Capco we provide an intensive training programme covering the global financial services landscape, the newest tech stacks, modern software delivery, and foundations of consulting. As an Associate Digital Engineer you can expect to develop, strengthen and expand your skills through collaborative training in an environment where your experiences and contributions are valued and encouraged.
What kind of work will I do?
Digital Engineers at Capco work on a wide variety of problems, often on things that have never been tried before! Some of our recent work includes the creation of:
- New Banks – yes, seriously! We have delivered and are actively building new digital banks from scratch for our global clients.
- New Open Banking Services – we played a key role in crafting the open banking regulation and are now delivering it for clients.
- Robotic Automation Solutions – we are currently delivering into production several projects using RPA and Machine Learning.
- Chatbots – we’ve developed chatbots using our own NLP engine for Tier 1 UK banks.
- New Social Networks – we recently launched a social network for business banking customers for one of our Tier 1 Banking clients.
- Blockchain PoC - a Proof of Concept for loan contract exchanges using blockchain technology.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Here’s what we expect from you:
- Have practical coding experience e.g. internship, placement, previous role and/or open source projects.
- Be able to present technical concepts to non-technical clients and colleagues.
- Enjoy problem solving, being creative and having a flexible working style.
- Have a real passion for being part of an engineering team.
Academic qualifications are important, but we appreciate that individuals can have a wide variety of backgrounds. As such, we’re looking for either of the following:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science or a related subject e.g. Network Management
- Software development boot camp course e.g. Makers Academy
- Evidence of working on projects e.g. GitHub
- Additional languages e.g. SQL, Ruby, Groovy
- Mobile application development experience
- Knowledge of new technologies being used in finance, e.g. block-chain
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and how they can be applied
- Any experience in business, e.g. internships, running your own small business, etc.
The majority of our clients our based within a short distance of our offices, however, 100% travel to client site may be required.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees.
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients.
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture.
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can. We believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different.
The application deadline is Friday 2nd April