A Word About Us
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the Financial Services (FS) industry, with over 26 offices in Asia, North America and Europe. We are the Swiss Army Knife of the FS industry, helping our clients deliver projects in areas including:
- Capital Markets
- Finance, Risk & Compliance
- Wealth & Investment Management
- Digital Transformation
Capco Asia Pacific operates– Hong Kong (Asia Headquarters), Singapore, Thailand, India and Kuala Lumpur, with each office conveniently located in the most central business districts. Having grown APAC to 1000+ employees, our seasoned consultants specialize in helping our clients tackle some of the most pressing issues in Asia’s financial services industry.
As financial institutions are hit with waves of regulation, cost pressures and the rise of non-traditional competitors, we help our clients simplify complexity to remain relevant. With our deep FS expertise combined with our nimble entrepreneurial values, we think like a start-up and execute like a Multi-National.
Through our hands-on consulting expertise, we go beyond strategy. We create target operating models, reduce costs, design digital interfaces, reengineer processes, manage risk and regulatory compliance – In short we help form the Future of Finance.
Job Title: Java Scrum Master
Function: Participation in development of the application by adhering to best practices and take responsibility of the deliverables within time and acceptable quality. The candidate should be able to lead the discussion about architecture/design, guide and review the dev work in the team.
Skills expected to perform the function
- Experienced and able to lead the discussion in Architecting/designing the Enterprise application.
- Partner with the various stakeholders to ensure that the scope is delivered to plan, and risks/dependencies are pro-actively raised and addressed.
- Exposure to good/latest practices in software development and has experience in guiding /reviewing the development efforts of the development team members.
- Proficiency in development using specific Java 8 features is expected together with very strong OOPS knowledge, threads, concurrency and data structures for handling large data sets. Candidate should have a good understanding of design patterns and integration patterns and should be able to apply them on projects to develop high quality maintainable code.
- Good understanding of JMS queues/ Messaging Queues and their usage for managing high throughput of messages in publish and subscribe mode is essential. Design of applications involving message objects, persistence of messages, handling of exception messages, resuming from point of failure is a must have skill.
- Good understanding of consuming REST web services for data retrieval with time constraints and processing of data for conversion into different formats is a must have skill.
- High proficiency in understanding relational database system(Preferably DB2) ,strong SQL skills for querying of underlying data is needed.
- Good to have Exposure in Tableau and/or Greenplum.
- Exposure in shell scripting/ Python .
- Good to have the knowledge on Micro Services architecture.
- Scrum master certification is a plus
B. Configuration management and DevOps
- Sound understanding of using configuration management system such as GitLab, BitBucket or similar tools is essential. Candidate should be able to perform branching, merging, push/pull of the code base.
- Knowledge of SONAR, Jenkins for implementing CI/CD is good to have. Implement industry development best practices using tools such as GitHub, Sonar, Junit to develop using DevOps approach with Continuous Integration and Deployment.
C. Delivery Responsibilities
- Candidate should be able to take ownership for the planned tasks and implement it in adherence to quality standards defined by the client team.
- Should be very familiar of working in agile development and be familiar with the need to honour the planned backlog items during the sprint execution.
- Should possess good communication skills to interact with the client project manager and counterparts based at onshore locations.