Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination - we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.
As a director of our design mechanical engineering team, you will play a key role in the design and development of our battery systems. You will oversee and lead the Product Design team to ensure product requirements are achieved, solve complex engineering problems, and ensure the thriving integration of mechanical, electrical, power, thermal, and control systems into a polished and functional work of art.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will direct and Lead the Design, Development and Validation of Lithium Ion EV Battery Packs, Cells and Systems.
- You will lead product center design and priorities for a fast-changing, dynamic team developing cutting edge battery products and technologies.
- You will build collaborative, creative, talented and focused teams to take on exciting and interesting scientific challenges and have a huge impact on international business and the environment.
- You will work cross-functionally with various teams to ensure the company’s success.
- You will conceptualize, define, design and improve continuous improvement of processes, products, quality and documentation.
- You will hire, train, mentor, lead and grow the engineering team.
- You will drive the program’s direction and product design to achieve milestones and deliverables and ensure we meet complex engineering challenges.
- You will track progress and report updates, goals and metrics to executives and leadership.
- Proven experience building and leading teams to achieve complex product development and lead high-performing teams.
- 8-10+ Years’ Experience as a Product Center or Product Development/Design Director with significant experience in the battery and ideally EV Battery Field.
- PhD or MS in a Scientific Discipline such as Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or something related.
- Strong experience with new energy, energy storage systems (ESS), Electric Vehicles and related disciplines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience taking products from conception to production and commercialization.
- Experience developing Lithium Ion Batteries for large or high voltage batteries.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package at Gotion, and is determined within a range. This provides you with the opportunity to progress as you grow and advance your career at Gotion. The base pay range for this role is shown below, and will depend on your skills, qualifications, experiences, and location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.