- Design and develop battery system solutions, specifically module and pack design
- Thermal and mechanical modeling. Bench and system validation.
- Design, fabricate, and test prototypes and concepts
- Ensure product robustness and reliability and support efforts to verify supplier quality
- Work closely with a cross functional team to bring products to production
- Drive the creation of component specifications, verification plans, and other technical design documents
- 3+ years of battery module and pack design
- 5+ years in the automotive industry
- Proficient in 3D CAD such as SolidWorks or Catia
- Experience using FEA for thermal and stress simulation
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and/or automation is highly desirable
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with thermal management systems and HV battery systems
- Experience with full life-cycle of product development process
- Familiar with DOE, GD&T, and FMEA
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world’s first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.