The FEED/DEPT® Way
We’re an award-winning, full-service agency that helps hungry brands stand out at speed and sell at scale. Here at FEED/DEPT®, we’re all about creating powerful ideas, campaigns, and products for our clients like Uber, Smart and eBay to name a few.
We’re entrepreneurs and adventurers. We’re brand builders, change-makers, and game-changers. Our goal is to change perceptions, shape new behaviours, and transform businesses.
The Impact You’ll Have
As an Agency, we help our clients create more meaningful connections with their customers. The Sr. Strategist role is instrumental in unlocking insights, targeting audiences, setting the right tone, and identifying the right campaign message to create unique customer experiences.
This role is the foundation of any creative project and provides the team with insights gleaned from market research. Sr. Strategists get to truly know our client’s brand and objectives so that we can deliver relevant, purposeful messages that resonate. A curious nature and analytical mind is needed to build plans that go beyond a single project and consider the future for our clients and their customers.
The Sr. Strategist will work on multiple key accounts, but primary focus will be in eBay AUS. They will work hand-in-hand with our client service team to:
- Consult with the eBay marketing leads to develop a strategic roadmap against outlined business objectives.
- Map our customers’ holistic journey, to ensure we are providing consistent messaging throughout all communication, and ensure that our onsite marketing is working as hard as possible.
- Work with our clients to outline approaches to optimise channels and CRM. Mapping how our onsite activity fits into the larger marketing mix to identify any gaps as well as possible enhancement opportunities.
- Work as a trusted adviser, defining where focus and priority needs to be placed and clearly develop briefs against these.
- Develop the strategic positioning for big beats and briefs that work will be developed against.
- Be comfortable developing ad hoc strategic responses to react to the business strategic focus.
- Lead defining and driving new initiatives to deliver against the roadmap.
- Be instrumental in developing business critical initiatives such as evaluation models, testing plans and reporting tactics to ensure learnings are central to all work.
Day to day
- Create end-to-end digital marketing strategies following the Feed Planning Methodology.
- Research products, services, and current strategies to identify new opportunities.
- Critically analyse and interpret research and reporting, using this information to inform and improve strategies.
- Ensure plans fit client goals, are optimised for multiple audiences, push to desired action, and are tested and measured effectively.
- This is a client-facing role supporting key accounts, so the ideal candidate must be able to create convincing propositions, present strategy to clients, and help Account and Creative teams plan, optimise, implement, and test/measure performance.
- Senior Digital Strategists are responsible for taking client briefs. They work closely with the Accounts team, cascading to the wider disciplines and providing the ideal environment for creative development.
- This is an omni-channel digital role covering email, web, display, and social and wider customer experience design.
What we’re looking for
- An experienced end-to-end omni-channel strategist
- Confident understanding of how to turn business goals into actionable marketing and communication goals.
- Knowledge of how to use data and insight to create profiles and personas for use in digital channels.
- Experience of A/B and multivariate testing methodologies.
- Understanding of and ability to articulate best practice across email design and build.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role with proven success.
- Experience of creating and optimising user journeys, including automated journeys.
- Channel expertise in email, web, display and social with an emphasis on innovation.
- Understanding of and ability to articulate best practice in digital marketing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Natural problem solver.
- Excellent written and communication skills as this is a client-facing role.
- Inquisitive nature to learn and understand how things work.
- A team player who understands the value of client needs.
- 20 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- 9.5% employer superannuation (pension) contribution (via SuperStream)
- Hybrid working - There is no set number of days required in the office, just encourage, especially for social events and team collaborations
- Annual DEPT® festival
- Buddy Program - All new joiners will be paired with a FEED/DEPT Buddy’ to help them through their first weeks’
- Feed Social - Early finish every other Friday, Pizza Friday’s, Weekly, monthly and quarterly social
- Feed Knowledge - Want to learn a new tool or subscribe to a newsletter? We’ll provide an allowance to support your professional development
- Feed Kudos - Be recognised and rewarded for going the extra mile and helping the business exceed its goals
- Feed Wellbeing - People are the very heart of who we are, and we are dedicated to supporting you to feel comfortable, healthy and happy at work
About DEPT®: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 3,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.