JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Paid Social Specialist
Internally, this role will be known as 'Lead Media Planner'
This position sits in our Marketing & Technology service based in London. We combine data, technology, creative content, and paid media to crack brands’ business problems & drive revenue through a variety of digital marketing solutions like ad campaigns, augmented reality, and chatbots. Our clients include ASOS, Just Eat Takeaway, Twitch, TikTok, and The White Company.
We are looking for someone to lead clients within the paid social media offering, while making sure it’s collaborative and closely integrated with creative content, technology and data. This person will provide visionary leadership around paid social media, supporting our paid media planners with strategic guidance, personal development and training. They will innovate our offering and help us do outstanding work that delivers true ROI for our clients.
We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid media strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Lead Media Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
- Support Head of Paid Social and Head of Media Operations in developing long term media strategies and key tactical plans
- Plan, buy and optimise paid social media activity
- Oversee reporting and identify new opportunities off the back of results
- Recommend and set up measurement solutions for clients
- Take and respond to (internal and external) briefs
- Deliver and present work with data-driven insight and analytics
- Support Account Planners in delivery of internal and client work with paid planning
- Contribute insights and strategic media thinking to projects that span all areas of the business
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Manage budgets for paid media deliverables
- Assess technology solutions, processes and data tools to improve our capabilities
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Extensive, relevant experience within a paid social media based roleExperience leading, motivating and coaching team members
- Experience managing complex campaigns and measurement solutions (tracking, attribution, lift and incrementality studies)
- Strong understanding of digital media, particularly paid social media
- Advanced proficiency with ads platforms
- Advanced proficiency in direct response and app focused campaigns
- Advanced proficiency in Excel along with an inquisitive and numeric mindset and advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- A high attention to detail and strong presentation skills
- Familiarity with third party measurement platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe, DCM)
- A flexible, hybrid working policy
- The choice of medical healthcare providers (Bupa or Medicash)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company pension scheme
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Buddy Program: You will be paired with a ‘Buddy’ to help you through your first weeks’ at DEPT®.
- A reputation for doing good. DEPT® has been a Certified B Corp® since 2021 and named ‘Agency of the Year’ at both The Lovies and The Webby Awards.
- Awesome clients. Whether big or small, local or global — at DEPT® you’ll get the opportunity to work with clients of all sizes and across all industries. And we celebrate all of our successes together!
- The opportunity for possibility. We want to enable you to do what you do best and help you develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- Global annual DEPT® Cares Month in which employees come together and donate their skills to support local charities.
WHO ARE WE?
We are pioneers at heart. What does that mean? We are always looking forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech and marketing. That’s why we hire curious, self-driven, talented people who never stop innovating.
Our culture is big enough to cope and small enough to care. Meaning, that with people across 30+ countries, we’re big enough to provide you with the best tools, global opportunities, and benefits that help you thrive. While acting small by investing in you, your growth, your team, and giving you the autonomy to solve our clients problems, no matter where you are in the world.
DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.