This role is part of our newly formed UK New Business Team.
DEPT is a Technology/Marketing agency that works with businesses such as Just Eat Takeaway, eBay, ARM, Moody’s, Pipedrive, Twitch and Ancestry.com on projects that span our four disciplines: Creative, Growth, Engineering and Experience.
Our team is fast-moving, vibrant and pioneering - with a broad range of skill sets from Engineers to Creative Directors to Media Planners & Buyers. We value people with sharp strategic skills, an entrepreneurial attitude and a pioneering spirit.
We are looking for a senior business development manager to focus specifically on our rapidly-growing Growth discipline. This discipline includes syncing up digital services to drive growth and ROI for our clients’ businesses. Including areas such as paid digital media, data and marketing technology, including the Google Marketing Platform.
We are looking for a talented person with a passion for developing strategies to win new business leads and convert them. Someone with a proven track record of working with pitch consultancies, generating leads and a broad understanding of the media landscape. This person will work closely with our Head of Business Development, Growth Director and UK Managing Director to generate revenue for DEPT’s Growth Service line in the UK market through both UK, European and Global pitching and proposal opportunities.
- As Senior Business Development Manager you will be responsible for:
- Generating revenue opportunities for DEPT - with a focus on our Growth Service Line.
- Identifying and growing strategic relationships with relevant pitch consultancies.
- Developing ABM strategies and supporting outreach to generate leads.
- Networking with relevant industry bodies and groups to raise the profile of DEPT within the industry.
- Supporting the Growth Director and Managing Director with thought leadership opportunities.
- Working in lock-step with the Marketing team to develop marketing strategies that raise the profile of DEPT’s Growth proposition - resulting in lead generation to support conversion.
- Strategising, attending and generating attendance for events and roundtables to support our new business efforts.
- You will be able to support the growth team with Pitch RFI and RFP submissions and requests.
- You will be able to coordinate with key stakeholders and relevant pitch teams to navigate our team to success.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a commercial role with a focus on growth services, strategy and performance media, preferably at a Media Agency ;
- Have great communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to persuade;
- Have experience working on international pitches;
- Have a network of industry contacts;
- Are ambitious, result-oriented and know how to plan and organize;
- Are fluent in English.
- Access to an unlimited suite of services - meaning we have a solution for pretty much any client challenge.
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Hybrid working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- A reputation for doing good. DEPT® has been a Certified B Corp® since 2021 and named ‘Agency of the Year’ at both The Lovies and The Webby Awards.
- Awesome clients. Whether big or small, local or global — at DEPT® you’ll get the opportunity to work with clients of all sizes and across all industries. And we celebrate all of our successes together!
- The opportunity for possibility. We want to enable you to do what you do best and help you develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- Annual trip to DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all expenses paid weekend of fun!
- Global annual DEPT® Cares Month in which employees come together and donate their skills to support local charities.
WHO ARE WE?
We are pioneers at heart. What does that mean? We are always looking forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech and marketing. That’s why we hire curious, self-driven, talented people who never stop innovating.
Our culture is big enough to cope and small enough to care. Meaning, that with people across 30+ countries, we’re big enough to provide you with the best tools, global opportunities, and benefits that help you thrive. While acting small by investing in you, your growth, your team, and giving you the autonomy to solve our clients problems, no matter where you are in the world.
DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.