For our Business Intelligence team we’re looking for a Team Lead who will get the best out of clients, team members and the numbers. And also in that order, because if your highly motivated team works for great clients the great results will show itself.
We’re very active in the Business Intelligence industry and advise about data collection, dashboarding and reporting. We don’t only talk about it, but are also able to execute and deliver use cases for clients. Looking at the expected growth of the team and the potential we see, we’re on the hunt for a Team Lead Business Intelligence that can facilitate and guide the team and clients in their development.
The Business Intelligence team is 1 of 6 data teams in Dept NL. The team mainly focusses on the core products of DEPT® (digital marketing platforms like sites/apps & campaigns). But for multiple clients, we also look into broader business applications. Together with primarily the analytics and engineering team. Data is collected and centralized. It’s up to the BI team to make it visually accessible to our clients.
Core work of the BI team is extracting the information needs from our clients, sketching but also tech architecture of concept visualizations and the technical delivery, maintenance and expansion of those. Team members are therefore equipped both as consultants to host workshops, but are also not afraid to SQL their way to the finish line. We work in Data studio, PowerBI, Tableau and Looker
- People: You are responsible for the personal development of the people in your team. They have goals and ambitions, you help them achieve those. But you also challenge them on what they want to achieve, and how they do so. In quality, process and communication, but also in their work/life balance and personal development in a broader sense.
- Structure: At DEPT®, you might say we are a bunch of cowboys doing things. As a Team Lead, you guard or create the structure we need, and help create (or bend) the processes in order to achieve your team goals and above all our client needs. You also analyse workflows and together with team members try to see where things can be improved.
- Commerce: Business Intelligence contains a lot of value, but it also requires an investment. While the team members are really skilled in their work, you also actively pursue the commercial potential of the discipline. By thinking with and for clients on how to create or answer questions on how Business Intelligence can help solve their problems. You know how to translate a technical solution to what value it brings for a client.
- Strategy: Typically, a Team Lead at DEPT® also runs his/her own projects from the discipline you lead. For this role, we expect you to have a more strategic Data role in projects. You also at least understand the concepts of Business Intelligence, to such a level, so you can understand your team members concepts and applications. We don’t expect you to have Senior level Data Analytics hard skills. But you score bonus points when you do :)
Data at DEPT®:
- A group of data-hungry colleagues that will feel like friends in no-time;
- The possibility to work with cutting-edge technologies in a continuously evolving environment;
- Good vibes: we’re trusting and believe in creative freedom and autonomy;
- If you grow, we grow. That’s why we’ll cheer you on [and support you] with personal coaching, a development plan and budget;
- Projects that work for you as well as the other way around. From short and snappy to more in-depth: whatever fits your ambition;
- Clients that will make you feel like a proud ambassador, like Philips, Just Eat Takeaway and bol.com;
- Best of both worlds: the pros of an international leading agency with the energy of a local studio.
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of working experience as a consultant within the data field, preferably related to digital marketing;
- MUST know your way around tools like PowerBI, Tableau and Google Data Studio;
- Know how to translate a struggle from a client into a business intelligence solution;
- Have experience with leading and coaching colleagues;
- Are proactive and will help us build our Business Intelligence proposition;
- Are willing to regularly work both from our Rotterdam and Amsterdam office, as we have Data and BI people in both of them.
- Have a commercial drive, and with that you might be able to compensate the possible lack of analytics hard skills;
- Have experience at a digital agency (bonus points).
We strongly support diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for everyone at DEPT®. Ultimately, we are looking for a unique individual who wants to strengthen our work and community.
- DEPT® has been named A Great Place To Work in 2022 and certified B-Corp® since 2021 - award-winning in the best way possible.
- Awesome clients. Whether big, small, local or global — at DEPT® you’ll get the opportunity to work with all of them. And we celebrate all of our successes together!
- The choice to work where you are most productive: whether that is in one of our offices, or abroad for 13 weeks a year. Rather work from home? No problem! We’ll provide you with the best of class materials, such as a high-quality laptop, monitor, work phone and the necessary furniture.
- Opportunities to develop your skills even further through training and certifications.
- Everything to focus on your health: from free bootcamp to yoga lessons, mindfulness sessions, mental health services, serious discounts on sport memberships, healthy lunches at the office, and above all: a safe work environment.
- Great fringe benefits; use of OV-bikes, an NS Business Card and many other goodies.
- You can discover even more employee benefits here.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here or visit our careers page to find out more about culture and growth opportunities at DEPT®.
Read more about our application process here and apply by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button or via our Whatsapp number +31 6 82 05 34 32