DEPT® is looking for a Head of Frontend to join our Manchester team and oversee the successful transformation of our clients’ dream designs into well-functioning platforms.
As Head of Frontend, you will lead Dept’s team of Frontend Developers working on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will be a motivational leader, encouraging the adoption of new technologies to deliver the best results for our clients.
We’re looking for an inspiring person who’s a real advocate for technology. The successful candidate will have an expert grasp of crossover between front and backend technologies and the potential of modern web development processes. Communication, organisation, time management are the additional essential skills of this role, as is an eagerness to learn.
You’ll always be on the lookout for better tools and techniques to adopt, and be passionate about identifying upskilling opportunities to continually strengthen the team. You will seek out and soak up information about new techniques and technology (both internally and externally) to identify the latest trends; rationally assessing them to determine which should be pursued, which you’ll be able to effectively explain to both tech and business audiences.
In partnership with the Head of Backend, you’ll share learnings and knowledge of changes to key vendor platforms, ensuring Principal Developers and Architects know about the latest features and capabilities that are available.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You’ll help to build POCs with new tech for show and tell/feasibility and support the sales team
- You’ll work with DevOps and backend teams to improve development processes
- You’ll push for teams/individuals to take ownership of projects
- You will own onboarding, standards and the team’s training programme
- You’ll assist with recruitment, retention and future team planning to help drive growth
- Line management of senior developers
- Have expert knowledge of frontend technologies and modern client side frameworks - ReactJS, NextJs etc
- Possess expert knowledge of testing paradigms and tools in the frontend
- Can work towards modular, reusable code and architectures to enable teams to work effectively
- Are aware of industry trends, know why the landscape is changing and can use your knowledge to identify challenges and opportunities for Dept and our clients
- Can demonstrate your experience and knowledge of DXPs and CMSes - Sitecore, Optimizely, Umbraco, Contentful etc.
- Have demonstrable experience working with commerce platforms like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Optimizely B2C/B2B and commercetools
- Are able to identify where to implement new solutions in live projects and are confident working with clients closely to give confidence in proposed solutions
- Are a passionate advocate for new solutions, implementations and technologies and will can share your expertise via blog posts, tech articles, social media, and GitHub projects
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Annual social budget which is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or a gaming competitions), as well as away-days, and meals out
- Free refreshments provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4pm on a Friday.
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go-live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual DEPT® Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT®Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is dedicated to becoming the best digital agency in and for the world. We are committed to becoming B Corp Certified. Find out more in our Impact Report
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.