Interactive Brokers Central Europe ("IBCE") seeks a Junior Corporate Actions Associate to join our European Corporate Actions Department in our Budapest, Hungary office. The Corporate Action Department is responsible for the validation, risk evaluation, processing and post-distribution reconciliation of European issuers' corporate reorganizations (e.g., mergers & acquisitions). Team members will generally gain exposure to various corporate events and securities/derivatives products and marketplaces during their career development.
The Associate will be expected to operate, enhance and test the group's constantly evolving, proprietary Corporate Action systems. Analysis of the integration between vendor data and our proprietary systems and assessment of operational, counterpart and market risk will be an ongoing responsibility. The ideal candidate will be able to interface seamlessly with internal and external customers, counterparties and clearing organizations. All associates are expected to focus on automated solutions to complex problems of varying degrees. Skills required include learning to work with sophisticated computer systems developers, eventually including creating business specifications for new or enhanced system functionality and new product support. Potential candidates are good problem solvers, well-organized, and reliable team players. Daily communication with global corporate actions staff in various regions and counterparties or clearing organizations will occur.
- Analyze, monitor, and verify incoming corporate action information and counterparty claims on European voluntary and mandatory actions.
- Initiate payments and
- Evaluate and reconcile the company's books and records with clearinghouses and banks.
- Instruct clearinghouses and banks with our instructions for corporate events
- Organize the instructions from our trading department and customers.
- Work on system enhancements to handle existing or new products and markets properly.
- Communicate with all the involved internal and external parties.
- Commercial apprenticeship, preferably in the banking or finance industry
- Experience, coursework and/or a strong interest or following of the securities markets.
- Knowledge of Securities Lending and Borrowing and derivative products is an advantage.
- Proficient MS Office user; eager to learn new programs and products
- Languages: Fluent in English
- Detail-oriented and able to work accurately under pressure
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Open-minded team player with good comprehension skills
Company Benefits & Perks
- Discretionary annual bonus (cash and stock)
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free recreational pass (AYCM XL package)
- Daily food allowance in the office
- Monthly BKK pass
- Hybrid way of working (2 days home office/week)
- Modern office in the heart of Budapest with free amenities
- Great atmosphere with friendly and exceptional colleagues and frequent company outings
*The benefits package will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
If you are motivated, have strong initiative, and are analytical and methodical; we can offer you a position that will challenge and reward you. You will be part of an exciting team helping shape one of the world's strongest trading and brokerage brands.
If you have ambition, motivation and initiative, we can offer you real responsibility and the opportunity to work in a demanding but rewarding team-oriented environment.
Are you interested in this challenging position within a financially successful and technologically advanced organization?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899