Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Interactive Brokers is regularly recognized as a leader in the financial services industry.
The Senior Accountant role will be responsible for the daily accounting of the subsidiaries of Interactive Brokers Group (IBG). The position requires a highly organized, strong analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving and is persistent in getting the correct answer. The candidate will have opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and advance.
To do this job well, the candidate will learn the operation of financial markets in the US and other countries for most tradable products, including stocks, options, futures, FX and bonds. This knowledge will come from on-the-job training. Candidates with intellectual curiosity will thrive in this role.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions.
- Create monthly analytical commentaries detailing financial results and business metrics.
- Maintain mappings for automated entries for data feeds from internal systems and electronic external bank information.
- Preparing month-end account reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Doing whatever needs to be done to move a dynamic, fast-growing business forward.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- CPA, or in the process of becoming a CPA.
- At least 3 years experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with multitasking capabilities.
- A good understanding of technology & automation is a strong plus.
- The ability to specify programming requirements is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and not require constant supervision.
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials is a plus.
- High level of attention to detail.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with a competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events, including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899