About the role:
Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Ltd. (“IBUK”) is an online broker offering trading access for experienced traders to products traded on many markets and exchanges throughout the world. IBUK is part of a global group of financial services companies based in the U.S. with over $5 billion in capital and publicly traded under the symbol “IBKR”.
Interactive Brokers (IBUK Limited) is seeking to recruit a high quality Risk Specialist. The role is complementary to the IB Group Risk function.
The IBUK Risk Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of the IB Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) in the UK business, including monitoring, overseeing, challenging and providing guidance to the first line of defence IBUK team with regards to its risk governance and management.
Core responsibilities will include the implementation of the overall Group ERMF and policies across IBUK, identification and oversight of key risks, maintenance of the risk register, supporting the oversight of outsourcing arrangements, and internal and external risk reporting. Included in the external reporting component of the role is material input to the structure and content of the IBUK ICAAP and the Recovery Plan.
IBUK is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Risk Specialist may be a certified regime individual, subject to change. The successful candidate will have strong and up-to-date knowledge of contemporary regulatory requirements and guidelines relevant to the broader Financial Services industry as well as the local UK market. The candidate will also have strong knowledge and qualifications in industry leading practice in risk frameworks and standards (see below for further details).
- Own the implementation of the Group ERMF and policies across the UK business;
- Perform ongoing oversight and monitoring to ensure compliance by IBUK with all elements of the risk management framework;
- Implement and execute the Risk and Control Self Assessment process (RCSA) for the UK entity;
- Carry out regular Targeted Risk Assessments on key risk areas identified within the business
- Produce regular reporting on key risk metrics for Executive Management and Board;
- Report and monitor the status of all risks against risk appetite limits and escalate any concerns to local management, the IBUK Board and the Group Chief Risk Officer as required;
- Help drive the mitigation of key risks by identifying and recommending changes to policies and procedures, control enhancements etc., as needed;
- Maintain awareness of emerging risks and trends and raise awareness of such risks to the IBUK Board, Senior Management and governance fora/committees as appropriate;
- Identify relevant UK centric regulations, interpret relevant requirements and disseminate these accordingly in the form of actionable requirements to IBUK areas;
- Work in conjunction with relevant business stakeholders to ensure implementation of all risk policies, standards and procedures to achieve effective mitigation and treatment of risks;
- Work closely with the global Risk teams, to drive the continued development of the risk management framework.
Key requirements, skills and qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in second line risk management in a Financial Services environment;
- Knowledge of Financial and Non-Financial Risk requirements and industry guidelines for risk management and mitigation within financial services;
- Familiarity with the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) including risk assessments and stress testing;
- Detailed knowledge of Operational Risk & Resiliency Frameworks including Risk taxonomies, RCSA processes, Risk Registers and Event analysis;
- Experience in developing, applying and maintaining risk frameworks, policies and guidance;
- The ability to develop and foster strong relationships with relevant business stakeholders;
- Strong communications skills, proven ability to work effectively with and influence the actions of stakeholders at all levels of IBUK. Credibility to influence Senior Management and wider internal and external stakeholders;
- Self starter, driven and detail oriented; strong interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Ability to work in small teams but deliver big results through partnerships with wider teams;
- Experience working with Regulators on risk related matters is highly preferred;
- Professional or third level qualification ideally in Risk, Compliance, Business or Finance.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info