Interactive Brokers seeks a Corporate Actions Associate to join our Corporate Actions Department in our Greenwich, Connecticut office. The Corporate Actions Department is responsible for the validation, risk evaluation, processing and post-distribution reconciliation of all corporate action related events (i.e.: distributions, mergers & voluntary offers) by issuers in the Americas. Team members generally gain exposure to a variety of corporate events, securities/derivatives products and marketplaces during their career development.
The Associate will be expected to operate, help enhance and test the group’s constantly evolving Corporate Action systems. The ideal candidate will be able to interface seamlessly with internal and external customers, counterparties, clearing organizations and depositories. All associates are expected to focus on automated solutions to complex processes or problems of varying degrees. Skills required include the ability to learn to work with sophisticated computer system developers, the creation of business specifications for new or enhanced system functionality and product support. The successful candidate will be a good problem solvers, well organized, and reliable team players. There will be daily communication with our global corporate action groups, various counterparties and clearing organizations.
- Analyze, monitor, and verify incoming corporate action information and counterparty claims on all actions (i.e.: voluntary and mandatory actions).
- Initiate payments and deliveries.
- Evaluate and reconcile the company’s books and records with clearinghouses and banks.
- Instruct clearinghouses and banks with our instructions for corporate events.
- Organize instructions from our trading department and customers.
- Work on system enhancements to handle existing or new products and new markets.
- Communicate with all the involved internal and external parties.
- Bachelor's degree preferred: science, mathematics or accounting preferred.
- Some knowledge of dividends, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, coupons and treasury notes.
- Proficient MS Office; eager to learn new programs and products.
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Open-minded team player with good comprehension skills.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info