About the Position
Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Ltd. (“IBUK”) is an online broker offering trading access for experienced traders to products traded on many markets and exchanges throughout the world. IBUK is part of a global group of financial services companies based in the U.S. with over $5 billion in capital and publicly traded under the symbol “IBKR”.
IBUK is seeking an AML Associate to join the Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”) of our rapidly growing company. The key objective of the AML Associate role is to review red flags and investigate complex ML/TF/Sanctions cases and taking adequate action, including regulatory reporting. The role will answer to the IBUK Head of FIU and is based in our London office.
This is a great opportunity for a smart AML professional to join a dynamic and expanding Compliance department, at a Group which has invested significant resources in its AML programme over the past few years. The successful candidate will join IBKR at a time when the Group is supporting the development of synergies and coordination across its new European operating entities. IBKR is a stimulating environment characterised by a wide and varied global client base - from individuals to complex institutions - and a broad product offering.
- Job Description
- Assist with the end-to-end investigations’ lifecycle – assess investigation triggers, place and remove restrictions, and manage investigations, SAR submissions, and off-boarding:
- Conduct forensic reviews of cashiering data to detect and address suspicious transactions, patterns and activity;
- Conduct investigations using publicly available sources and in-house tools to identify adverse media, connections and other information required to build client profiles;
- Make recommendations on filing required or voluntary SARs, as well as on further action required, including whether exiting or retaining client relationships.
- Become proficient with the firm’s case management tool, IBKR360, to ensure all monitoring and reporting activities are effectively documented in compliance with internal standards and regulatory expectations
- Document concise and consistent risk-based rationale for alert/investigation conclusions in line with internal and regulatory requirements
- Perform work within the established timeframes and meet standards for Quality Assurance and Key Performance Indicator benchmarks
- Assist in responding to queries/addressing escalations received from the 1LOD; and,
- Assists in the development and implementation of work paper templates, documentation standards, and processes for knowledge sharing across regional teams.
- Where required, assist Management in responding to external requests for information resulting from NCA activities. Action court orders and manage liaisons with regulatory, enforcement, or judiciary bodies;
- Communicating, and working closely, with regional partners, and business stakeholders to enable effective exchange of information needed to facilitate a consistent risk-based approach across IB’s multiple markets and operating entities;
- Support the approval process for large withdrawals and other high-risk transactions;
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks or additional AML responsibility at the request of the MLRO/Deputy MLRO/Head of FIU.
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, business, or finance is preferred, and AML ICA or ACAMS, or similar certification or accreditation;
- Knowledge of POCA, JMLSG, EU Money Laundering Directives, Sanctions regulations, and the key FCA principles for businesses;
- Strong analytical skills, able to manipulate data, produce MI, and write reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Must have ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced medium-size office environment.
Under Other Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates must have a UK passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in the United Kingdom.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info