Job Description & Requirements
Interactive Brokers Canada seeks motivated, analytical and methodical individuals with the financial services industry background and professional demeanor to be part of an exciting team that is helping to shape one of the world’s strongest trading and brokerage brands.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, enjoy helping clients, and comfortable with new and changing technologies.
- Resolve routine and complex client service issues in a thorough and expeditious manner, utilizing sound judgment with an emphasis on courtesy.
Client inquiries typically encompass a broad array of themes including:
- Problem management with focus on wide scale service issues. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: trade and margin analysis, a wide range of products (cash market and derivatives) and global exchanges, order types, and transmission and execution inquiries.
- Assistance with trading platform operation and features; analyze and test existing systems and procedures in order to recommend and assist in the implementation enhancements
- Margin calculations; Commission structure, interest and fee.
- Coordinate activities with other local and international Customer Service divisions and interaction with external departments such as Programming, Clearing, Cashiering and Compliance on common issues. Contribute to the development of client service systems, policies and procedures.
- Strong product knowledge – Equities, Options, Futures, Options on Future, FX, and Fixed income
- Self-starter with highly analytical and critical thinking mindset
- Be able to handle stress, work independently and autonomously under a quick and spontaneous environment
- Communicate effectively and precisely under changing circumstances
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a global financial institution (new graduates who demonstrate a strong grasp of the core competencies will also be considered)
- Working knowledge of various exchange operations and regulations, product offerings and specifications, execution platforms and rules, and margin methodologies.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French
*IB offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Health, dental, disability and life insurance with 100% premiums covered.
- Company RSP contribution matching, Stock incentive plan
**We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interactive Broker a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info