Guidepost Montessori Burr Ridge now hiring Lead Preschool Teachers / Montessorians for our Children's House (ages 3-6) classroom!
In this Lead Guide role, you will create and lead a model classroom for children ages 3-6. You, and the team you lead, will partner with your families to meet each child’s individual needs and foster a deep sense of community within your classroom. You will be provided with a full set of high-quality materials to fuel the child’s development, along with a classroom budget to make your classroom unique, and upon hire, you will receive specialized, in-house training from an expert in the Montessori approach to early childhood education.
Take a tour of our existing campuses to see our classrooms: Deerbrook and Old Town.
We encourage you to apply only to roles at your most preferred school location so that school leader can contact you first. At that point, you can share your flexibility in other locations, and we can consider you for other opportunities.
Guidepost Montessori Locations of Schools:
- Burr Ridge: 7508 S. County Line Rd, Burr Ridge 60527
- Downtown Naperville: 24 N Washington Street, Naperville 60540
- Downers Grove: 925 Ogden Ave, Downers Grove, 60515
- Naperville: 5051 Ace Lane, Naperville 60564
- Oak Brook: 1717 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523
What we offer:
- Fully sponsored MACTE-accredited Montessori Teacher Diploma ($5,000 value)
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- 4 Weeks Accrued PTO and 2 weeks paid holidays
- Benefits (health/dental/vision) after 30 days
- 401(k) account
- Employee Referral bonus up to $600
- Career growth and promotion opportunities in our national network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Employee Assistance Program - Support and guidance for everyday life from caring for an elderly family member to coping with anxiety or depression. Expert advice for work, life and your well being through our MetLife - Employee Assistant Program (EAP) at no additional cost to you!
- Starting Lead Guide/Lead Child Care salary around $44-48k
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Familiar with child-led philosophies such as Reggio Emilia or Montessori
- Have experience with preschoolers in a group setting, such as a preschool, daycare, childcare, nursery, summer camp, children ministry and coaching
- Help children by giving them the tools to become independent
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
Want to learn more about us?
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who truly believe that to meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. For more information about us, check out our website!
Interested in another location or position? Check out our career page!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.