Guidepost Montessori Lincoln Park hiring a Lead Spanish Immersion Children's House Guide / Montessori Preschool Teacher!
Join us on our mission to dramatically increase the accessibility of authentic Montessori education to children around the world!
In this Lead Teacher role, you will create and lead a model classroom as a part of our founding team. You, and the team you lead, will partner with your families to meet each child’s individual needs and foster a deep sense of community within your classroom. You will be provided with a full set of high-quality materials to fuel the child’s development, along with a classroom budget to make your classroom unique. Upon hire, you will receive specialized, in-house training from an expert in the Montessori approach to early childhood education.
Take a 360 tour of two of our existing campuses to see our classrooms:
Deerbrook - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Nfik66QHkug
Old Town - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=XVLHUp9xxXC
We encourage you to apply only to roles at your most preferred school location so that school leader can contact you first. At that point, you can share your flexibility in other locations, and we can consider you for other opportunities.
Guidepost Montessori campus locations:
- Edgewater: 6001 N. Clark Street, Chicago, 60660
- Evanston: 1012 Davis Street, Evanston, 60201
- Lincoln Park: 2301 N Clark Street, Chicago, 60614
- Magnificent Mile: 226 E Illinois Street, Chicago, 60611
- Old Town: 311 w Division Street, Chicago, 60610
- River North - Hiring for Spring 2023!
- West Loop: 1000 W Washington Blvd, West Loop, 60607
- Wicker Park: 1530 N. Damen Ave, Chicago, 60622
What we offer:
- Fully sponsored MACTE-accredited Montessori Teacher Diploma ($5,000 value).
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- 4 Weeks Accrued PTO and 2 weeks paid holidays
- Benefits (health/dental/vision) after 30 days
- 401(k) account
- Employee Referral bonus up to $600
- Career growth and promotion opportunities in our national network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Employee Assistance Program - Support and guidance for everyday life from caring for an elderly family member to coping with anxiety or depression. Expert advice for work, life and your well being through our MetLife - Employee Assistant Program (EAP) at no additional cost to you!
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Completed Training/Experience in Montessori or are interested in becoming Montessori certified for the 3-6-year-old age group and are familiar with child-led philosophies such as Reggio Emilia or Montessori.
- Have experience with the appropriate ages in a group setting, such as a preschool, daycare, childcare, or nursery
- Help children by giving them the tools to become independent
- Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
- Are eager to partner with parents on their child's journey
- Take pride in your work and are friendly with error
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
Want to learn more about us?
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who truly believe that to meet the needs of today's students and to bring true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. For more information about us, check out our website at https://www.guidepostmontessori.com/.
Interested in another location or position? Check out our career page at https://www.guidepostmontessori.com/careers.
Apply now by completing the application below – it will only take a few minutes!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.