Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
At Deliveroo we’re striving to build London’s best engineering organisation.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. We’re growing incredibly quickly, and we need a technical programme manager to help our platform engineering team to scale.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will play a key role within our Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure (SETI) team. We have a "customer-first, live service-first" mindset, and we enable our teams to affect change with speed, ease & confidence. The reliability of our Deliveroo service, innovation in our production platform, and "engineer happiness" in our toolchain are our biggest priorities. You will need excellent project management skills, great communication skills, to enjoy working in a constantly evolving start-up and be able to influence the strategic direction of key initiatives like incident management and service reliability.
Ultimately, your success will depend on your demonstrated abilities and attitude, beyond any industry-relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for initiatives and tasks in the platform engineering team.
- Help the team coordinate the incident management function including post mortems and repair items.
- Help the team plan and schedule platform migrations.
- Help the platform engineering team to implement a strong release management function with changes to the CI/CD toolchain.
- Help drive alignment in the broader Engineering team around the strategic plans/roadmap for the platform.
- Manage the coordination of non-technical tasks and initiatives across the broader Engineering team.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and our other business departments for any project requirements and scoping.
- Working on an amazing product that is loved and used by millions
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at an incredible pace
- Top end machinery
- Training stipend - a conference of your choice
- Subsidised gym membership at a proper fancy gym down the road
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as game nights, and the legendary “Bun-day Monday”
- Located within easy reach of several incredible restaurants
- Food. So much food. Nom Nom
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.