When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
About the team:
The Finance and Strategy team's core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it's critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
- Partner with the Grocery BU Lead, Country leadership, Head of Commercial, Head of Marketing and Head of Category Management to help set the strategic direction of your the Grocery BU and drive step changes in growth and profitability
- Ensure data accuracy and report on key performance metrics against targets and provide actionable insights to improve performance, anticipate returns on investments and manage results expectations
- Collaborate with Senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution, advise and develop operational improvement strategies and future business initiatives.
- Deliver cutting-edge analytics projects optimizing across teams and functions:
- Closely follow the BU performance and be experts in key areas such as growth and profitability drivers and to be familiar with BU level indicators, KPIs relating to major projects in their zones and any other relevant performance drivers.
- Proactively craft stories from data to help solve issues across the business unit that are useful for decision making and strategic planning.
- Leverage your financial and strategic experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions and implementation with other functions
- A problem solver and a critical thinker, with a deep analytical mindset and a strong attention to detail
- Capable of thinking outside of the box and of using all the tools at your disposal to tackle and juggle between problems across multiple departments and scales
- A self-starter, able to proactively identify problems and enact next steps required to solve them
- Always curious and always willing to learn new skills
- Comfortable in working with tight deadlines, contributing to the fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment of Deliveroo.
- Good listener and communicator ability to ask the right questions, and correctly understand the information received is essential
- Fluent speaker in both French & English, able to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a clear, simple way both written and ora
Experience in food retail, category management, B2C marketing and Digital Growth strategies. Experience using Looker