We are looking for a proven Sales Manager to join our Sales team based across Belgium. This role is for a highly-driven, charismatic sales leader who is able to operate in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Our Sales team is currently made up of both inside sales and field sales. The role of the Sales Manager will be to sit across sales and ensure our national team of BDM’s (Business Development Managers) and SDR’s (Sales Development Representatives) are operating effectively and signing up the best selection of new restaurants to the Deliveroo platform.
The role will play a crucial part in improving and optimising ways of working across the team, working very closely with local management, central commercial teams and Belgian leadership. The Sales Manager would own the overall sales target for Belgium, and be accountable for ensuring that the BDM/SDR team consistently deliver results in line with wider business goals.
This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial leadership role in the Belgian team.It will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure, requiring a blend of skills including stakeholder management and influencing, process optimisation, commercial acumen, training and coaching, and first-class team leadership.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning the Belgian sales target: be the single Belgian-wide point of contact for results across the sales team, working in collaboration with the Commercial Director.
- Coaching, training and mentoring: develop our sales team into a first-class execution machine through structured training across soft and hard skills (e.g. initial outreach, pitching, negotiation, closing, product features, sales technology etc.).
- Performance management: hold the team to account by monitoring and driving sales activities so as to ensure monthly and quarterly targets are hit as a team and across individuals.
- Commercial negotiations: stepping in where required to lead by example and support the sales team in pitches, negotiations and deal-closing.
- Strategy: working closely with BE leadership to define, develop and iterate on the BE sales strategy (e.g. zone prioritisation, resource allocation, lead prioritisation, commission structure etc.).
- Leadership: inspire and bring the team together to create a positive, collaborative and winning sales culture.
- 3+ years experience within a fast-paced, high-velocity sales environment.
- 1+ years experience managing sales reps (directly or indirectly) and driving them to achieve targets.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and execute within an aggressive sales quota environment.
- Highly commercial, competitive and results-driven.
- Highly structured and process-orientated, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Fantastic communicator and relationship-builder, with the ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders.
- A natural coach and trainer.
- Expert in Salesforce.
- Proficient in MS Office, G-suit, Looker.
- Passionate about food, restaurants and the work Deliveroo is doing to drive innovation in this space.
- Trilingual FR-NL-EN