Deliveroo is a multi-award winning, international food business and one of the most successful recent technology companies to come out of the UK. We are on a mission to transform the way customers eat, just as Airbnb has for travel and Amazon has for e-commerce. Our aim is to bring great food to customers as fast as possible and in less than 30 minutes. Whether you want Pad Thai in the evening, a salad at lunch or forgot some key grocery items, we’ve got it covered.
The UK & Ireland National Accounts team is responsible for the relationships with the largest and most strategic restaurant and retail partners in the UK & Ireland; ensuring that they continue to grow and operate efficiently on the Deliveroo marketplace. These national restaurant chains and grocers are made up of hundreds of sites spread across the UK & Ireland and include some of the nation’s favourite brands.
As a National Account Manager, you will manage the relationship with a small number of our top national restaurant partners, including being the day-to-day contact between them and Deliveroo, communicating their needs to internal teams, helping grow their business on the Deliveroo marketplace and developing the ‘best in class’ value proposition for our customers.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Driving “brilliant basics” on a day-to-day basis with the partner to maximise the customer experience
- Lead the on-boarding of new sites onto the Deliveroo platform
- Monitor and analyse the performance of the partner’s operational metrics and lead operational performance routines with the partner, including weekly operational reviews
- Review operating practices in sites and identify sets of recommendations that reduce partner-driven delivery issues and improve operational efficiencies for the partner
- Coordinate the resolution of short-term operational issues in collaboration with other key Deliveroo functions
- Generate mutual growth by sustainably increasing Order Volume and Average Basket size
- Conduct analytical deep-dives to identify value opportunities by understanding customer behaviour and benchmarking partner performance vs peers
- Ensure that we are developing an attractive value proposition for customers, including selection, promotions, pricing and service levels.
- Work with marketing counterparts to design, deliver and evaluate marketing campaigns that drive value for the partner
- Drive the strategic agenda with your partners in line with Deliveroo’s wider restaurant strategy in collaboration with senior leaders of your restaurant partners and Deliveroo
This is a demanding role which will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm. The desired skills/experiences include:
- Prior experience in an account management or commercial role. Experience in, or working with, online or offline grocery retail or hospitality is preferable.
- Partner obsessed, with effective relationship building, organisation and communication skills whether face to face, or through video, phone or email.
- Confident working with and analysing data - able to cut through the noise to understand what performance improvements will help grow your grocery partners, in order to make clear and actionable recommendations.
- Able to create ideas and strategies to drive growth of our joint business with our partners, with a willingness to trial at pace.
- Collaborative team player who is able to get the best out of the people around you. Able to work effectively with all levels of Deliveroo.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.