The Grocery team at Deliveroo are looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join an amazing team of individuals. It is a pivotal moment for the online grocery space: the opportunity is massive and Deliveroo is making a major, long-term investment in developing a world-leading proposition. We are a growing group that has the flexibility to move fast and big ambitions to step change the online grocery industry. In this role, you will be at the forefront of driving streams of activity in this group so we can meet our wider tech functional goals. The role will sit within our Program Management function but be embedded into our Grocery team working closely with colleagues at all levels across the business. Come join the fun!
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Engineers and key business stakeholders to define, refine and monitor program objectives and deliverables
- Building workstream project plans and being responsible for driving day-to-day delivery during both the planning and implementation phase
- Manage risks, dependencies and blockers effectively, balancing the distribution of information amongst stakeholders
- Lead technical delivery of group initiatives in support of Company goals
- Provide necessary leadership updates and act as the primary point of contact for management, preparing communication materials and progress tracking for multiple audiences including creating any supporting material
- Work with the wider TPM community to solve challenging problems and enable cross-tech planning processes and prioritisation
- Experience in consulting, program management/ project management ideally in a high-growth start-up / scale-up or tech environment
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders and projects in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Excellent attention to detail, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Resourceful, with an action for bias, and with a high ownership mindset
- Experience delivering complex tech programs with a global footprint, having built complex systems/infrastructure at scale
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale efforts across multiple teams and functions with stakeholders in different disciplines
Preferred, but not required
- Experience in embedding agile approaches and identifying when agile vs waterfall works best
- Experience working with front-end/ mobile teams
- Knowledge of tech tools such that enable project tracking (e.g. Jira/Confluence), data visualisation (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.