Deliveroo’s Marketing Team is looking for a Global Country Marketing Director to lead the Country Marketing Team. This team sits within the wider Global Consumer Organisation and the role will report directly to the VP Marketing.
The Country Marketing Team is responsible for setting the strategic guidelines and framework for marketing globally across our 11 markets and will be the lead interface between HQ and on the ground market marketing teams.
The desired candidate will be a senior director with significant experience working across markets, workstreams and teams. You will bring commercial marketing acumen and a keen eye for data to identify big bets and opportunities to leverage our global scale to better connect with our customers. You’ll be used to structuring and presenting marketing strategy and insights and recommendations based on data to senior stakeholders up to the executive level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Country Marketing Strategy: Define our mental model and measurement framework for brand marketing globally and set the strategic guidelines and frameworks for cross-channel marketing tactics and best practices.
- Planning: Drive annual country marketing planning process including budget and goal setting by utilising data from YouGov, Brand Index, Econometrics and other statistical models.
- Reporting & Reviews: Lead regular market reviews and reporting to identify focus areas for improvement to drive growth and meet P&L targets. Own stakeholder engagement and updates up to the executive level.
- Turning Data and Customer Insights into actions: Utilising and combining a variety of data sources and visualising data to present actionable insights that guide the global marketing strategy and planning.
- Partner with Local Country Marketing Teams: Partner with country Heads of Marketing and GMs to understand local requirements and engage them in the process of developing our country marketing strategy.
- Partner with Central marketing functions to to share marketing best practices and create alignment between central and local marketing strategy & execution.
- Team & Organisational Development: Build and lead a high performing team; As a member of the Global Marketing leadership team, develop the marketing function globally including operating model, roles & responsibilities, and career paths.
The role requires a strategic and commercial mindset, knowledge of marketing best practices across channels and countries, strong analytical skills, and experience in communicating effectively with senior / executive level business stakeholders:
- Experience in consultancy roles with a strong track record of problem-solving and business analysis in a variety of contexts preferred.
- Customer obsessed and analytical: Experience in translating qualitative and quantitative customer data into insights and actions.
- Strong bias for action and can-do attitude, with the ability (and curiosity) to connect the dots between different workstreams, data sources, and teams.
- Commercial mindset and experience in making trade-off decisions between marketing channels and focus areas, and prioritising budget and resources to maximise value for the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to present and visualise complex data & topics to executive level stakeholders
- Team management experience and relationship builder across teams and functions.
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment, and the ability to drive your team autonomously and deal with ambiguity.
- International experience in markets around Europe, Middle East and Asia is preferred.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.