Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
The Global Grocery team is based in our HQ and leads and supports the growth of the marketplace grocery proposition in all Deliveroo markets.
The Head of Grocery Operations will build and lead the Grocery Operations team and will be at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as a leader in on-demand grocery delivery that is fulfilled out of our partner grocery stores and supermarkets.
You will be adept at working to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be an executor and a leader, an authority on grocery operations and a key part of the Grocery Management team. You will be the Operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence and deliver a clear message will be key.
Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them, and quickly determine how to scale them. This is an area where “silver bullets” are unlikely to be found and a systematic approach to improvements will be the key. You will be responsible for working with our Product and Technology teams to help design and build scalable technological solutions to improve not only the customer outcome but the experience by in-store teams as they manage and fulfil orders for customers.
- Become a subject matter expert on grocery operations and work with grocery partners to maximise efficiencies and deliver a great experience for our partners and better outcomes for customers (better accuracy, higher availability, faster speeds, etc.).
- Work with Product and Tech to build features and new solutions that better the grocery ordering experience for both customers and partners.
- Manage the interests of customers, riders and grocery partners to strengthen the business via a smooth logistics network
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how every action in Operations has second- and third-order impacts and how to plan for that
- Take business priorities into account to lead project work to a very high standard
- Positively impact the overall rider network through improvements driven by working with large national grocery partners
- Attain the knowledge to represent the team in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Align the aims of your team with those of other functions within the business
- Engender a “test and learn” mentality in your team to enable the team to drive results at a global level
- Run a team with a clear sense of the importance of ruthlessly prioritising to achieve the best outcomes with whatever resource is available
- Extensive experience within the grocery segment and a deep and thorough understanding of operations and supply chains.
- Influencer - Able to rally a team behind an idea and get stakeholders (both internal and external) to buy in to your ideas.
- Analytical - Able to identify the relevant information required to make a decision and present that information in a concise, logical manner
- Communication - Able to develop good working relationships with key stakeholders, influence, and attain the requisite buy in
- Inquisitive - Infectiously curious and happy to question the status-quo
- Mentor - Position yourself as a leader within Operations and be sought after as a source of knowledge, advice, and experience
- Organised - Always deliver the right work at the right time
- Project management - Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way
- Operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions
- Enjoy working in a fast changing, collaborative environment with ambitious targets designed to disrupt a major global market
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space