Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The Head of Category Management is at the heart of ensuring we have strong customer-value-proposition across the Deliveroo Hop´s proposition in France. You will build and lead a team of people to build the best possible tools and processes to ensure that our product and pricing are the most compelling in each of our markets. You will set strategic guardrails and requirements and work with the local teams to localise these structures to suit the french market and its partners. You will also work with a remote team of people tasked with managing menus and core data to ensure that execution of your strategy is seamless. You will build the necessary competitor benchmarking capability and communicate recommendations to partners and senior leadership.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing and own the selection pillar of the Deliveroo Hop´s customer proposition
- Developing and refining a data-driven model and framework for understanding what good Grocery Partner selection looks like (i.e. what Brands we have in what areas)
- Identifying gaps in selection (including new launch areas)
- Prioritising Brand/ Partner roll-out plans to fill these gaps (including new launch areas)
- Creating selection prioritisation hierarchy by managing a team of analysts and data scientists
- Building robust competitor benchmarking capabilities and tools
- Managing a team who will own and continuous refinement of ranges/ menus
- Ongoing assessment of menu performance (i.e., ranges), identifying opportunities for improvement and proactively making constructive, data-driven recommendations
- Creating automated tools to make recommendations and drive decision making
- Designing and executing tests based on structured plans, desired outcomes, and robust methodology
- Managing monthly and quarterly range reviews with highly structured, specific, and analytically-driven evaluations and recommendations
- Managing a team who will own, develop and improve the price pillar of the customer proposition
- Developing and refining the framework for understanding our price and value proposition
- Managing analysts/data scientist who will develop algorithmic pricing models and engines to maximise both profit and conversion/retention
- Defining overall pricing strategy and experimentation processes
- Analysing various data sources and benchmarks to create best-in-class tooling to inform real time pricing analytics and engines
- Defining the strategy for pricing and promotion for Grocery on Deliveroo
- Managing monthly and quarterly pricing reviews with highly structured, specific, and analytically-driven evaluations and recommendations
- Managing an offshore team that will oversee data intake and quality control:
- Uploading product descriptions and imagery
- Cataloguing competitor benchmarks to run comparative analyses
- Recording all necessary identifying information (e.g., bar codes)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience as a Category Manager or related experience for a grocer is essential
- Experience leading cross-functional teams is essential
- Experience in delivering recommendations from data analysis
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders and owning outcomes
- Experience influencing in a matrixed organisation
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver projects
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Start-up mentality with a love for both getting deep in the detail and driving top-level strategy
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.