Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
The Assistant manager role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will be responsible for the site in the absence of the site manager, ensuring smooth running of the shift, including taking charge of dispatch, liaising with all restaurant partners to deliver food inline with our KPI’s and liaising with riders. A key part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
What you’ll be doing
- Driving KPIs and profitability.
- Conducting weekly kitchen audits to ensure safe trading.
- Conducting monthly Health and Safety audit for the site.
- Generating daily and weekly reports to the partners and towards higher management.
- Ensuring the site standards are followed on a daily basis.
- Working alongside the Site Manager to maintain and deliver high standards.
- Managing a team of 4 or more.
- Opening and closing duties.
- Logging maintenance calls and liaising with contractors.
- Communicating with chefs and partners on a daily basis.
- Managing ancillary stock and orders.
- Working alongside Partners chefs, dealing with customer queries,
- identifying & resolving live issues.
- Trained to Food Safety level 2 as a minimum or level 3 (training provided if required).
- Great knowledge of food safety & health and safety compliance requirements
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided if required)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of meeting targets and stock control.
- Hospitality background with a minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Flexible working schedule to be able to work over evenings and weekends
- Good computer skills including Microsoft and Slack
- Be able to work under pressure
- Being proactive with great problem solving skills and ability to think on your feet.
- Warehouse experience is nice to have but not required
- Right to work in the UK
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.