Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Our Site Assistants make sure that our Editions sites run smoothly and support the efficient execution of all processes, working with our partners and our riders to make sure we delight customers with every order. As part of the role, you will undertake operational duties as required.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with our Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager to ensure the site runs smoothly
- Support with packing delivery orders to send out to our customers
- Liaise with our riders to ensure our customers receive our deliveries in a timely manner
- Support with incoming delivery management and unpacking
- Support with inventory management
- Ensure our site remains clean and tidy at all times
- Previous experience in a similar environment is valued but not required (FMCG/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big plus)
- Strong hands-on mentality and detailed oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience within FMCG, Restaurants, Grocery, Hospitality and/or Food Retail space is preferred
- Good communication skills and a good proficiency in both written and spoken English
- The right to work in the UK
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.