Technical Customer Support (Mandarin)
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Chinese Category team is responsible for driving the growth of Chinese restaurants across UK&I. As part of the Chinese Category team, you will manage relationships with the most exciting Chinese restaurants in your city and region. Our partnerships with Chinese restaurants is key to Deliveroo and we are building a team of commercially savvy, entrepreneurial and ambitious individuals to help us fulfil our potential.
We are looking for Technical Customer Support to join our UK&I Chinese Category team. Reporting to the Chinese Category Lead, this is an exciting opportunity to drive the growth of Chinese restaurants across UKI. The role will be commercially focused and require cross-functional collaboration with teams across the Deliveroo business (e.g. Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Restaurant Support, Marketing, etc) to ensure the Chinese Category is performing to its best.
You will work with best performing Chinese restaurants, build relationships with them, seek to understand their businesses, and use your analytical skills to drive growth and profitability. For the right candidate, this position has a strong opportunity for progression and will jump-start a successful career within the tech space.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as technical specialist for Chinese restaurants to provide them with technical support
- Coordinate with Chinese restaurants via various media (i.e. phone calls, emails, WeChat, social media) to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Lead Chinese restaurants on-boarding process
- Ensure success of Chinese restaurants within the first eight weeks from signing
- Support Account Managers with complex and technical queries on key accounts
- Build scalable and optimisation processes within Chinese Category
- Fluent speaker and writer in Mandarin (and Cantonese would be a bonus!)
- 1-4 years professional experience
- Strong project and time-management skills
- Strong commercial acumen and foundation data analysis skills
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- An interest in all things food and restaurants
- The right to work in the United Kingdom without visa sponsorship
Qualities we look out for
- Perseverance and grit: you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Competitiveness: you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity: you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top-notch people skills: you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of accounts
Remember, this is just a guide - if you see something you can’t tick off... good, you can learn here!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation