When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The purpose of this role is to be part of the France Operation Performance Team. You will report to the Head of Operations Performance and work closely with the French management team and other business units in France and globally. You will understand and manage the daily performance of our cities, through detailed analysis and cross-department collaboration, contribute to and decide the Ops Performance team’s vision going forward, particularly with regards to:
* Tracking country operational performance, identifying areas of improvement and designing processes to enable achievement of high-level targets
* Using detailed data analysis and logic to understand and manage daily, local performance
* Identifying, scoping and ensuring the delivery of projects to deliver proper, consistent operational performance throughout all of France
* Overseeing the implementation of high-impact and long-term operational projects with the central and strategy teams
* Supporting the business growth through an appropriate and measured delivery network, to ensure we onboard and put the right number of riders on the road at the right time and the right place and efficiency.
* Thinking creatively to find ways to continuously improve our customer proposition related to the availability, reliability and efficiency of our delivery network
* Growing and consolidating the partner-rider base, offering the best onboarding and delivery experience for riders to develop the rider satisfaction and retention
* Modelling, planning and controlling financial costs to reach efficiency targets
* Structuring efficient collaborations and strong relationships with other operational pillars and non-Operations stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Growth, Central and/or Product)
* Understanding the operational, legal and competitive landscape – to ensure we are constantly evolving and innovating to respond to needs
* 3-5 years work experience in Consulting, DataScience, Operations or another data-driven position
* Fluent in English and French
* Self-driven and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to quickly switch between multiple systems and multitasking in a fast paced environment
* Strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
* Can build “stuff” - proactively able to challenge, review or build from scratch, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
* Adaptable fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness
* Project Management - know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way
* Coach - able to coach and engage others so they can effectively prepare and lead their teams through change
* Manage Data-driven operations
* Technical background with strong analytical skills (SQL, Excel, R or other modelisation langage are a plus)
* Modeling & Forecasting - able to model and forecast from multiple insight datas then build your proposition and market it to your management in a clear and concise way / or drive change in the given context
* Experiment - able to plan & analyse experiments within a test & learn approach, isolate what went well, iterate on what went wrong and report learnings.
* Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly engage with assertivity stakeholders at multiple levels and write documented memos.
* Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo.
* You never say ‘it’s not my job’ - you are able to go beyond your scope to help the team when needed
* Foodie lover - you feel a passion for food and the tech environment.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around